ReefCleaners.org

NRF's Simple Wonders 5.5

Needreefunds

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I had a tough time keeping up with all the threads BEFORE this contest, now, pfft! no way!

Ok, so my Simple Wonders tank is running and awaiting the main element. To the best of my knowledge it is still at sea, and will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. That's all you get for now. :happy:

It is sitting on the floor, waiting for its stand and final placement ( wife is loving this I'm sure lol ).

Sand, filter and heater. New light. Fresh salt mix. Looks purdy, even MT, it looks purdy.

Hmmm, I wonder....

Simple setup. I Wonder what direction the tank will take.

You see...

The main element arrives mid week, and it will dictate that, the main element will.

It will tell us all what direction we will travel and what needs the tank will require.

IT hopefully has the answers to all our questions.

Please follow along, and we shall see what will become of this little 5.5.

Thats all you get for now..... :ninja: ...

:lol:

Thanks guys.

Got2, it's the Tahitian Moon. Not crazy 'bout it so far tho. I have always wanted to add it to a setup, but it seems very light, and it STICKS TO THE MAG CLEANERS??? :huh:

Looks cool though huh?

:lol:

Thanks guys.

Got2, it's the Tahitian Moon. Not crazy 'bout it so far tho. I have always wanted to add it to a setup, but it seems very light, and it STICKS TO THE MAG CLEANERS??? :huh:

Looks cool though huh?

omg you have no idea. Black sand totally ruined my 16 gallon, scratched up the glass terribly. Admittedly, it wasn't the kind of black sand you buy in the store, I got it of a beach in Italy, but anything magnetic is very bad, imo. Hope it works for you !

I have the Sea Chem black reef sand in my 40L...I did read that the tahitain moon sand gets picked up by the mag floats and scratches the glass :( keep it up high

looks hawt tho :)

WHA???? MAGNETIC BLACK SAND? YOU HAVE BLACK SAND MADE OF MAGNETITE??????

THAT CANT BE GOOD!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE POSTING IN ALL CAPS, BUT OKAY. AND NO, IT WASN'T MAGNETITE, LIKE, IT DIDN'T STICK TO ITSELF, IT WAS MORE LIKE IRON FILINGS. BUT JET BLACK, AND IT DIDN'T RUST AT ALL. ANY IDEAS?

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE POSTING IN ALL CAPS, BUT OKAY. AND NO, IT WASN'T MAGNETITE, LIKE, IT DIDN'T STICK TO ITSELF, IT WAS MORE LIKE IRON FILINGS. BUT JET BLACK, AND IT DIDN'T RUST AT ALL. ANY IDEAS?

thats magnetite ;)

Random note --> Doesn't the presence of magnetite encourage the reproduction of anaerobic bacteria? (ie what you would want in a DSB). I dunno.

Tank looks great, btw!

Archived