Cultivated Reef

New 29G BIOCUBE ( my first tank ever )

Nosey

Every once in a while I'll give my frogspawn a very small amount of mysis, but like StevieT said, and from what i've found light and good water is fine.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anouther week, added more coral. I think you can just make it out, I added a couple of hard corals. I love the way it looks right now, so i don't think i'll add anymore. Next maybe some fish!

post-38701-1225136271_thumb.jpg

Hey Nosey, not to be nosey ;) ,but were did you buy your Sunpod and how much?

Nice tank, haven't started up mine yet, getting all the mods taken care of, then down to the "Keys" for a week. When I get back going to set it up.

Bob

Cool, have fun in the sun. I got my sunod from a local shop hear in town. I't coast me about 250 and some change. I'm sure you can find it cheeper online.Have fun setting up your tank, I love doing the mods.

When you made your fuge light did u scrape off the paint on the back of the glass?

Is that on the inside of the middle chamber or outside of the tank?

I need to make some type of mod for my fuge/light.

Another question is that the 100w stealth heater? If so i have the same one. does it matter if it's fully submerged or out of the water about 1 inch?

Thanks

It is a 100w stealth heater, and it says that you can fully submerge the heater, but i didn't. The way it sits in the back chamber is about 3/4 under water, with the red controle post above the water line.

I’ve added a Tunze 9002 protein skimmer to the back of my second chamber. I had to Mod my filter in the back to make it fit, and play around with the water levels. I run my tank with the water levels all the way at the top, and that was causing some issues. I tried something’s to restrict the water flow in the back, but what seemed to work the best was adding the stock filter back to the first chamber. I gutted the filter media, and I just have the frame back in it’s regular place between the two slots. I’ll add some picks later, but it seems to be working, and I have ordered a media/ Fuge rack from StevieT.

• 2 months later...

that stuff snot stuff on the coral thats causing it to shrivel is a bacteria similar to cyano that is eating your coral, it happened to my xenia until it was reduced to a pinch size, anyways luckily I kept extra in the 2.5, I always do as a safety so that I dont lose any species. To treat that stuff you need to dip it in something such as lugols solution and treat with a good amount of vitamin c, the vitamin c needs to be in high concentration on the top of the infected coral so I would remove the coral from the tank and mix it in a cup or such with both solutions and also dose the tank with vitamin c regularly as a precaution, I reccomend kents Vitamin C.

• 1 month later...
SpankythePyro

hey I was wondering if you have been having "too much" flow with your K2, mine seems to be overpowering the fish at times...or the fish just like to sit in certain places

In my case it hasn't been a problem, my fish play around in the different flows, kind of like a kid riding an escalator. It might seem like the tank has excessive flow, but the fish will learn how to work with it. Now if your corals are being up rooted, then i would say 2 much flow...lol

• 1 year later...

Archived