Innovative Marine Aquariums

New 29G BIOCUBE ( my first tank ever )

Nosey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s a good question; I would have to say yes they do. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t, I don’t think these things have any real rules to follow. Just last night the gf was looking at the CUC in the quarantine tank, and she came running out, and said that she thought see say one in the rock/substrate . I went and had a look and I didn’t see anything, but she also said that she wasn’t sure what it was, but she did see something move fast, and was small. This kind of scares me because the only thing that should be in there is the CUC, as I didn’t use live rock or sand in the holding tank. I set up the waterbottle trap in the holding tank all night, and didn’t catch anything, or see anything with the flash light. If they are in the holding tank, they came in on the CUC, so that means the CUC will have to go. Right now before I make that decision, I’ll just keep a good watch over both tanks. If I do find another one I will have to destroy everything, living or likewise. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but only time will tell.

I just transferred my CUC to the main tank, and took apart the holding tank looking for the little parasites. I didn’t find any, but found a little shrimp looking guy, that the gf confirmed was what she had seen. So I am now on day 13 and counting with no little f*&^%$#

I have a quick question????????..........I have been noticing brown chunks floating around in the water column. They look like little chunks of poo, but all i have in the tank are some CUC that i just added tonight. They are smallish and brown and end up in the sand. I would say they are poo, but there is so much that i don't think it's coming from the CUC. It also lookes like it might be coming from the live rock. Any help in this area would be great!

It could be algae grouped together in a dead spot on the sand and then was picked up by the current and pushed into the back. It could also be dead (or dieing) matter from your liverock, such as dieing corals or other crap that is now coming off of your rock. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I haven't read any of your thread besides this page, but assuming that your tank is still in its cycling stage, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Give it a few days and then perhaps a nice water change is in order.

New Sunpod light that i just got today! You can also see that i added a lock line, for extra flow. I still don't have any live stock i.e fish, but maybe this weekend. I also added cem-pure elite to the first chamber, I think i'm in love with this stuff, it makes the water look like a million bucks.

post-38701-1223607276_thumb.jpg

So this is my auto water top off system, I have the sump in the tank stand, with my stock pump, and the controller. In the 3rd pick you can see the float for sensor number two, that I have in chamber 3.

post-38701-1223619524_thumb.jpg

post-38701-1223619574_thumb.jpg

post-38701-1223619641_thumb.jpg

Hey Nosey, I noticed you're running a Loc-Line split. What size did you get and how did you attach it to the stock standoff on the wall?

7/8 " that's the size of loc-line i used, I hope that helped!

I just removed the sock flow nozel from the connection on the wall, and pushed the loc-line into place over the remainder of the stock outflow line. It works, but you might have too play with it to get it on!

Yes but No..lol....I took my "y" fitting, and connected it into part of the old nozzle. I just snapped off flow head, and kept the neck part of the hose ( the part that the flow nozzle pivots on) , and that connected to the wall.

I did a 20% water chance this fri, and Sat I checked my levels. They were all good with Nitrates=.05,Nitrites= 0, Ammonia=0, Cal 405, Ph 8.4, Alc= 1.025, Temp= 80( Even with the new Sunpod, it hasn't changed much) I think I'm going to weight another week before I add my first fish. I did how ever buy something for my tank from my local LFS, and you can see him in these picks. He is so cute, every time I put my hand in my tank, he pop's his head up over the rock, and runs right over and jump's onto my hand, and starts cleaning it....lol...I call him frenchy the cleaner shrimp

post-38701-1223834481_thumb.jpg

Well I added some coral this past weekend. I did a water change, and added a Torch with two heads, Brain, and a bubble( I think that’s what it is) over 3 days. I like the way they move around in the current, and the Brain coral looks amazing with the moon lights on. I’ll add some pic’s tonight.

Archived