Top Shelf Aquatics

Let's play name that zoa

patrick1234

haha...

well, it all depends on the store, like it has been said before, its kinda like different gas stations, they put a price and you pay for them.

Most frag size colonies go for about $10-15 in my area, the ones like your 1st and 3rd

BUT the metallic and less commonly seen ones (like your peachy keens) can go for like 1-3 polyps for $10-15.

now, this is just in my area, i really cant say much besides that, places just charge what they think people will pay for them.

but i think yours are all verrry pretty =]

Well since the peachy and the other ones are doing so well tell me what ones you want and ill send you a frag of 4-(9 on the peach kings) polyps each for free

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since you asked, i'd be happy to help =]

1-eagle eyes

2-peachy keens

3-radioactive dragon eyes morph (other possibilities: blue and golds, neon eyes mix, but i think its r.d.e)

also, spot feeding with roti-feast made my zoas/palys spread like crazy

hope i helped =]

What is roti-feast and what place keep it?

dahliaheartsyou
What is roti-feast and what place keep it?

haha, you are funny, but I couldnt take anything for free, plus im in the middle of moving right now-housing at college is NEVER fun lol.

so maybe i'll take you up on that free offer a lil later =]

roti feast http://www.reefnutrition.com/rotifeast/index.htm

i spot feed each colony once a week, a little teeny syringe full and leave the pumps off for like 45 minutes, and you keep it in the fridge =] i got mine for $20 at my lfs

dahliaheartsyou
why not ge them and add them to your mom's tank?

And they are not free im paying you for telling me somthing:)

1) my mom doesnt have a tank?

LOL.

she lives 3 hours away....lolz

haha, really though, i dont even have an address at the moment, but later i promise i will take them =]

dahliaheartsyou
lol ok fine haha what was that one tank you just set up then with the custom stand and you had the blue wall for like a day?

goldfish tank? lol.

i think you have me confused with someone else lol =]

The Propagator

Hey duys and dals...... duh huh uh...... waths my zoasths name and value... THank thou !!

AOGS3to4polyps.jpg

Armageddonsinglepolyp.jpg

Tubs.jpg

:P

Joking.

Look guys if you want a name.. cool.... Just don't turn around beech about the price of what you created. If you want a name and how much they are worth... Your in the wrong hobby/business.

You should have been in used cars. Its worth exactly what you were willing to pay for it the day you bought it. ;)

Hey duys and dals...... duh huh uh...... waths my zoasths name and value... THank thou !!

AOGS3to4polyps.jpg

Armageddonsinglepolyp.jpg

Tubs.jpg

I will ID those for you ....

top: red and blue zoas

middle: red zoas

bottom: brown and blue zoas

The Propagator
I will ID those for you ....

top: red and blue zoas

middle: red zoas

bottom: brown and blue zoas

SWEET !!!

What do you think I can get per polyp now ?

I only paid like $12 for the "colony" but I want a price per polyp now.

Cause its the new in thing.

Prop,

Come up with some cool name, be sure to proceed each name with "rare". I would guess you could get $10-$40 per polyp ..depending on how good of a name you come up with.

Don't forget to add "limited edition", "original", "nuclear", and "radioactive". Yes, the price should instead come from the name; maybe 5 dollars for each word?

dahliaheartsyou

you guys are bein kinda mean to the OP, he just wanted to know the names to know them, no harm, he just wants to make sure IF he sells them what a reasonable price is and not rip people off.

let's be nice :grouphug:

The Propagator

Sure,

I always ask people what the value of things are even though I know what I paid for them but just so I dont charge to much LOL!

This isn't really directed at the OP. Honestly.. it is directed at the seemingly endless influx in " how much are my zoas worth ? ". I mean Jesus Mary and Joseph. How much did you pay for them ? Then that's how much they are worth ya know. with that knowledge alone you couldn't rip any one off.

Your right though. It is kinda mean to let it all out at once like that. sowy :D

Prop,

Come up with some cool name, be sure to proceed each name with "rare". I would guess you could get $10-$40 per polyp ..depending on how good of a name you come up with.

I know what they are. I was joking and poking fun. :)

( Armor Of God, Armageddon's, Tubs blue. I got them all in trade from various members here on NR a long time ago actually.)

The prop has some prime stuff there and looks way better than anything I've seen on this thread thus far. Prop send me some of those PLZ. Good looking stuff and you know what those are you weasel. As far as zoas go sometimes you just luck out and pick up a colony like this for about twenty bucks. Your not going to get rich slanging zoas, you need to try LE SPS for that.

montihouse020.jpg

The Propagator
So then tell me since you got them in (trade) How much are they worth. And concedering every thing is going up and or down. Just because you got your house 5 years ago for 350000.00. Dose not mean its worth that any more. Also most of the zoas I get are for free Since I bring the lfs alot of customers.

Easy,

They told me how much they paid for them per polyp and what they felt they had to have and that's what I gave them in trade. Ergo.. I know what I paid for them...

If they are free then why not ask your LFS what they would sell them for ? ;):P

Ah yes... the $10.00 or more per polyp price I got ripped off argument.

Look if you paid it you didn't get ripped off. If you paid $1000 per polyp you didn't get ripped off. Why? Because you wanted them bad enough to pay it and deemed them worth it enough to shell it out. You paid X amount out of your own pocket from your own hand. So you cant be mad at any one for what you paid but you. :)

The prop has some prime stuff there and looks way better than anything I've seen on this thread thus far. Prop send me some of those PLZ. Good looking stuff and you know what those are you weasel. As far as zoas go sometimes you just luck out and pick up a colony like this for about twenty bucks. Your not going to get rich slanging zoas, you need to try LE SPS for that.

montihouse020.jpg

Definitely NOT. :haha: You might pay for your addiction but that's about it.

That's about right for a cluster like that. ( $20-25 ). Around here any ways. But its different all over. :lol:

I used to be able to get massive rocks from Jacks Pets and Aquariums here locally for $59.99 ( football size !) but now I do good to get soft ball size for that. Blame high fuel prices for that one ! :angry:

+1 to that. If you want it bad enough you'll pay it. Look at how many people shell out for the LE tyree whatever that sells for 90 bucks a 1/4 frag. I'm one of those people and would be stoked to get my hands on that stuff no matter what the cost. Not becuase it's going to make me a profit in the end but becuse it's a sense of accomplishement in a way.

The Propagator

Exactly.

That doesn't make the seller evil or money hungry. That means the market is there.

Look at a Bently or a Maybach... There just cars with a few luxury's. They are much better quality then your average car of course but are they really worth upwards of $500,000 for a litlte more then a base model ?

Not to me but to the next guy I am sure they are and he will pay that to own one.

The Propagator

If you felt it was a fair price at the time you DID NOT GET RIPPED OFF now did you ?

You just didn't shop around. Who's fault is that?

Its a business what do you expect ?

They pay OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges per order on all live goods.

Example....

The initial price of the coral they want to purchase.

If they don't have a cites permit ( most do not because they order from transhippers ) then you can tack on an extra $3.00 - $5.00 PER coral.

Box fee $25-$30 PER box.

Freight from the island to the states. $80-$170 PER box.

Re-ox fee any where from $7-$25.00 PER box

Heat pack / cold pack fee's ant where from $1.00 0- $5.00 each pack PER box and most use at least 2-3 each.

Shipping again from Cali to the final destination in the states Usually averages about $195.00 - $300 PER box.

So on the LOW side just for shipping on ONE box of coral that holds 20-30 small to medium pieces of coral to the local air port your looking at right around $317 PER BOX in shipping alone. It gets MUCH MUCH more expensive then that real fast real easily depending on what island its coming from.

Australia ? Forget about it ! Buy direct form Australia and your looking at a minimum order of close to $2,000 PER box of the good stuff ( that's coral and shipping to the states though )

Most suppliers now have an 8 box minimum too. Some only 4. More expensive suppliers have a 1 box minimum.

Then on top of that $317 per box tack on rent, electricity, time etc etc etc....

Its not always a cut and dry case of " Oh the evil LFS is trying to rip me off ! Look at those prices ! "

I hope that at least sheds a little light on the prices and why they are what they are at most shops right now. Most are not truly trying to rip you off. They are just trying to recoup and pay the mortgage.

I use the "brand names" because it is easier than trying to muddle your way through "um, you know, yellowy centers with a kinda dark light-green..." Much easier to just say Green Bay Packers.

The Propagator

translation = 821780.JPG

I use the "brand names" because it is easier than trying to muddle your way through "um, you know, yellowy centers with a kinda dark light-green..." Much easier to just say Green Bay Packers.

That's why I do my self, and every one else.

It just turned into another animal about the time PPE's hit the scene way back when.

But even they didn't sell out right for an outrageous amount. Blane started selling them for charity. Some one realized he could profit on them by taking advantage of the exposure and the price they went for on the charity auction ( I think it was upwards of $600.00 at the time for a few polyps BUT it was for charity. It all got donated. ) and so began the war of the zoas... LOL! But they pay it so... Meh...

Lord Of The Reef's

Member No.: 20,920

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: The Propagator.

· View this post

· Un-ignore The Propagator

Sweet but how do i take them off so they are not taking up room on my thread

The Propagator

Aww.

My fewings are all huwt now.

Grow up dude. The only one getting all but hurt over nothing, pm'ing the crap out of me with stupid crap, and deleting your posts to hide your involvement is you.

" what are these and how much do they sell for ? "

" How much do these sell for ?"

" How much do those sell for? "

" Yes but how much do they sell for ? "

" That doesn't mean I didn't get ripped off even though I thought it was a good deal at the time I paid for them though.."

Blah blah blah.... This is a troll thread so you can set your price lines when you start a frag tank and thats all it is. If it were about simple names as the title suggests ( unlike every post, and question of yours there after ) we wouldn't be having this little spat because you would have never gotten but hurt about factual information not lining up with your belief system.

Your crying about people getting ripped off right...

I explained why it isn't always that way and that your the one paying for it.

They aren't robbing you at gun point for freaking zoas.

Relax ! Its just a zoanthid.

&

Stop pm'ing me.

Archived