Coral Vue Hydros

Let's play name that zoa

patrick1234

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the slightest clue... Personally I think that zoanthid naming and pricing is pretty much highway robbery.. There are so many different morphs of each named coloration and some polyps are worth more than $100 each... Its insane, but I can't say that I still don't spend a sh!tload on zoanthids. Check ZoaFrag.com they might have those with a price.

from top to bottom:

Green Eyes Mix

Orange Delight

Krytptonites (like ddr_phish said)

and Green Flame palys

:)

Hey thanks. your really good at that. ? tho how much do ppl sell them 4

dahliaheartsyou
Hey thanks. your really good at that. ? tho how much do ppl sell them 4

well, i agree with ddr_phish...

it just varies...the brownier/plainer the cheaper though...

I got frags of the similar green palys about 15 polyps for $10, I wouldnt have paid more than $15 more all the frags you got, except the kryptonites, those maybe $30 at most...

but its kinda like gas prices, you pay for whatever they mark it for...

:)

I just wanted to see what they go for. most i get are 3 hesds for $2 but they all grow really fast so i was thinking about propagating them if it was worth it range the the kryptonites was 10$ for about as many as you see even tho i have frag 8 heads off it.

Before you start propagating, just think about the health of your tank first. Once yuo see everything thriving, frag off and make a few extra bucks to buy more coral :D

lol well all the frags in that tank is frome my other tank that is doing really well. and so im starting to run outa room for frags and i once offerd them for free but every one that was like ill take some never got around to geting some so i fig id try to sell them:)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to start naming zoanthids and ricordea, (oh yes, rics) after myself in some way and marketing them to people that are willing to pay 23424324 dollars for stuff with names containing 4-5 words!!!

Really...

I'm going to start naming zoanthids and ricordea, (oh yes, rics) after myself in some way and marketing them to people that are willing to pay 23424324 dollars for stuff with names containing 4-5 words!!!

Really...

Really sweet how about you start with the ones I put pics up of so I can make some money :D

I have some of those. I paid like $7 for this colony

post-13875-1222432920_thumb.jpg

I actually like the Paly in the second set of pics. I picked up one polyp because the head was split in two. Never quite figured taht out. They do spread like weeds though.

post-13875-1222433047_thumb.jpg

wish I could get more split like that. What do I know. A LFS gave me three snake polyps just because I am the first person that ever showed interest in snake polyps. I must eb theonly person that would ever pay for them. At least the naming is simple.

I have some of those. I paid like $7 for this colony

post-13875-1222432920_thumb.jpg

I actually like the Paly in the second set of pics. I picked up one polyp because the head was split in two. Never quite figured taht out. They do spread like weeds though.

post-13875-1222433047_thumb.jpg

wish I could get more split like that. What do I know. A LFS gave me three snake polyps just because I am the first person that ever showed interest in snake polyps. I must eb theonly person that would ever pay for them. At least the naming is simple.

yes they do grow like weeds to make them split in 2 heads not give them room to grow out and they will do that

dahliaheartsyou

since you asked, i'd be happy to help =]

1-eagle eyes

2-peachy keens

3-radioactive dragon eyes morph (other possibilities: blue and golds, neon eyes mix, but i think its r.d.e)

also, spot feeding with roti-feast made my zoas/palys spread like crazy

hope i helped =]

since you asked, i'd be happy to help =]

1-eagle eyes

2-peachy keens

3-radioactive dragon eyes morph (other possibilities: blue and golds, neon eyes mix, but i think its r.d.e)

also, spot feeding with roti-feast made my zoas/palys spread like crazy

hope i helped =]

you did thank you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: How much do they go for about tho?

dahliaheartsyou
you did thank you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: How much do they go for about tho?

haha...

well, it all depends on the store, like it has been said before, its kinda like different gas stations, they put a price and you pay for them.

Most frag size colonies go for about $10-15 in my area, the ones like your 1st and 3rd

BUT the metallic and less commonly seen ones (like your peachy keens) can go for like 1-3 polyps for $10-15.

now, this is just in my area, i really cant say much besides that, places just charge what they think people will pay for them.

but i think yours are all verrry pretty =]

Archived