Cultivated Reef

!DIY! PLANS FOR BIOCUBE PROTIEN SKIMMER!

nate_j

does anyone, anywhere have plans or pictures of a DIY protien skimmer that i could mod out to fit an 8 gallon biocube. i have seen some under "smallest protien skimmer ever" but i wasnt able to find plans on howto make it. i would really, REALLY appreciate it if anyone out there could help me out of point me in the right direction.

thanks eeryone!

Sorry I can't give you any plans on building one...but if you haven't already, send a PM to the maker of those skimmers, I am sure you can get the blueprints from him :D

Good Luck!

-David

just a heads up, small skimmers have been tried time and time again and fail for one simple reason. You need the length of the reaction chamber for the bubbles to separate.

jmigchelbrink

I just made one of the skimmers from undertheradars designs. I dont think hes posting here anymore, but all the info is in that thread. Just modify the design to fit your needs.

KMITC, how long do you think the tube needs to be, does it have to be a certain length out of the water for the seperation to happen properly?

ANNND HAS ANYONE, ever made a skimmer for a biocube in particular??!?!

that would really help out my cause and lack of engineering. :)

thanks everyone who has posted so far :)

water changes are all your going to need in a tank that small... and if your really have to have a skimmer just buy your self a Sander Piccolo Protein Skimmer its cheap and small and you wont have to do any trouble shooting (provided you can get it to work right)

Archived