inTank Media Baskets

Saltwater Sucker Fish?

Mynameskenny19

Mynameskenny19

Yeah, we just got back from collecting and I caught a few of these fish that look like sucker fish, but theyre saltwater. Any ideas on what they might be??? I'll take some pictures and post them on here in about 15 minutes.

Mynameskenny19

The first few pics are of the "sucker fish" and the rest are these awesome crabs i caught [haha, very funny]

and the last pics are of the other awesome fish i caught.

100_3431.jpg

100_3435.jpg

100_3436.jpg

100_3437.jpg

100_3428.jpg

100_3432.jpg

100_3429.jpg

100_3433.jpg

Mynameskenny19

Which creature are you talking about? lol

When I caught the sucker fish, they just latch on to my finger and theyre hard as hell to pull off!

Looks like a lamprey.

definitely not

its a flathead clingfish a common tidepool inhabitant They will feed on small snails, worms and shrimp

Mynameskenny19

Wow scotty! Thanks a lot man!!! You really solved my problem! So what should i feed these guys? Moon snails?

Haha, I just noticed that almost everytime I have something that needs identifying, you happen to know what it is. Just a thought out loud.

And its definately not a lamprey cuz those are around 2 feet and look like an eel.

clingfish are kind of envasive they are voracious eaters they need a good supply of snails. moon snail shoud be fine but they will eat anything and they are quick breeders. i grew up on on the pacifi coast so cold water inverts and what i have a good idea of what they are. i guess i should start a coldwater tank i have had tidepool tanks i have keep for a couple months outside but nothing with a chiller so i guess i should look in to getting in the the cold water genre

Archived