Cultivated Reef

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

I don't need no crazy biocube owners fish, I am a smug rich owner of a Red Sea Max and we don't let your kind in our tanks. :lol:

The PVC looks like an awesome idea, it seems to be working out great for Bonsai

I know that Stevie posted first, but if you ever need anyone to Blenny-sit, just bring him over...I'd be happy to keep....errrrrr...I mean watch him for you. Besides, I live closer to you than Steve does. :P

I will keep you in mind pal,,,,,,,107781415.OQFfHeq8.sign0095.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I concur completely with Ando, it is very natural looking! The eyes on that jawfish look unreal, have you taken any other shots of him?

• 2 weeks later...

Great new pictures Spanko....tank looks like it's doing great. Everything is so plump and healthy looking.

Love the pictures of the Acans as well as the Feather Duster....great capture.

Do you have a list of all of the SPS you have in there?

Hey Henry...being a fellow SW Michigander, do you ever head down to a certain massive coral/fish shop in Romulus? I see some similar stuff in your pics.

Edited by mkregs

I have been there a couple of times. Both the gorgs came from there. The Ricordea came from there. Other than that everything else is local to the north side of Detroit.

Dive I really don't have a list of the name of the SPS in there. If I see a frag I like I will ask the seller what parameters it is in and try to match the spot in my tank to that. Other wise they are for the most part SPS sticks!!!! That said there are two Milli's, a Seriatopora, two hunks of Green Bali slimer, and a few pc.s of unknown Acroporas.

Edited by spanko
Nick's Reef
Thank you pal, nice to hear from you. How's your tank doing?

My tanks doing ok, when I upgraded I switched to t5's and bleached a few things and then a few fish died (the got themselves killed, clown swam in overflow and got beat up and royal gramma got stuck behing foam wall after nearly being killed by the remiaining clow0 so then I had a really low bioload and dosing a carbon source basically starved the sps so I lost a few. I just got a trio of chromis and a jawfish so hopefully that'll work until I'm able to add more fish in a couple months.

Edited by Nick's Reef
My tanks doing ok, when I upgraded I switched to t5's and bleached a few things and then a few fish died (the got themselves killed, clown swam in overflow and got beat up and royal gramma got stuck behing foam wall after nearly being killed by the remiaining clow0 so then I had a really low bioload and dosing a carbon source basically starved the sps so I lost a few. I just got a trio of chromis and a jawfish so hopefully that'll work until I'm able to add more fish in a couple months.

Yeah my understanding is you do the dosing to get to ultra low nutrients, which allows you to feed the coral heavier. Sorry to hear about your problems but sounds like you are back on track.