Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

sweet new pics...what kind of camera did you get? Do you use a tripod? I just picked up a little cheapy tripod and it has made a huge difference in my pics. Now I just need a new cam too!

Nice clam! Wish I had some Halide so I could get one also. But my tank is pretty well completely stocked anyway.

I notice the corraline growth on the back of your tank stops about 3 inches from the top. Does this have to do with where the halide hits or is it from where you lower the water during water changes?

Whoa!~

Sweet tank Spanko! I love the split down the middle rockwork.... great job!

Question: What size Koralia's do you have in your tank? I just bought a K2 for the JBJ 28g, and the thing is monstrous! I'm returning it for a nano.

Great job!

Thanx Tudd! I got the canon powershot sd 870 IS. Great little point and shoot. Have not tried a tripod yet although I do have one.

Colione that is a 3 and 4 Koralia. Pretty much pointed from the back corners to the opposite front corners in an X pattern. Causes some real random intense flow in there. It is amazing to watch the Chromis and the Talbot's Damsel play in the current. The Ptergorgia gorgonina in the front middle of the tank when you watch it sways in one direction the dramatically changes to the almost opposite direction continuously.

Thank you both for looking and commenting.

Spanko,

Cool! Its odd, the K3 and K4 in your tank don't look out of place, or big ... the k2 in my 28g looks absurd.

good layout! I might try to set up a cross pattern at some point ;)

shao-lin nano

Great AquaScaping! One of the nicer BB setups I've seen. The colors are so vivid they draw your eyes up at the corals you don't even notice the lack of substrate.

Looks ver nice, i love the way the foxface is "posing" in the first pic, new corals look good too. I need to update my thread as I added a few things as well so keep your eyes peeled for an up date.

Looking at the tank with the magnifying glass tonight and found this tiny suncoral. Smaller than the diameter of a pen. You can see some small feather duster worms and spirorbids around it.

suncoral.jpg

Looking at the tank with the magnifying glass tonight and found this tiny suncoral. Smaller than the diameter of a pen. You can see some small feather duster worms and spirorbids around it.

suncoral.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! I never found any cool hitchhikers except plating coralline and a buch of wierd sponges. :mellow:

I wanted to do SPS and wanted to ensure I had some random intense flow and did not want a sandstorm in such a small tank. That is a Koralia #3 and #4 in there pointed from the back corner to the opposite front corners meeting in the middle. So it is real turbulent in there.

Wow! Dooderino you too! How is your tank coming along?
It's been better to be honest I did something to piss it off and all the corals were mad for about 2 weeks. I might have lost one torch head in the process. Things are looking up now and I justed added the fish back to the display today. :lol:

that's FN sweet! Is this a new rock or one thats been in the tank for awhile?

amazing what you can find when you spend the time and take a closer look.

Make sure you start feeding that thing and it will have friends in no time!

Yeah nice to find things even after having started the tank in January 2007 still finding sweet stuff. That rock has been there since the beginning. I did have a small colony of suncoral but I traded it in about 1+ years ago. So maybe this was some kind of spore or transient polyp from that, I don't know.86440127.eeNrjrGC.shrug.gif

Then last night I'm looking around and towards the back on another rock there has been a couple of polyps of some type, I think Neon Green, zoas that are now really starting to take off. I didn't think much of them at first but looking closely last night they are really starting to color up nicely. Unfortunately they are in a spot where you have to get around the side and towards the back to see them.

neongreen.jpg

Yeah nice to find things even after having started the tank in January 2007 still finding sweet stuff. That rock has been there since the beginning. I did have a small colony of suncoral but I traded it in about 1+ years ago. So maybe this was some kind of spore or transient polyp from that, I don't know.86440127.eeNrjrGC.shrug.gif

Then last night I'm looking around and towards the back on another rock there has been a couple of polyps of some type, I think Neon Green, zoas that are now really starting to take off. I didn't think much of them at first but looking closely last night they are really starting to color up nicely. Unfortunately they are in a spot where you have to get around the side and towards the back to see them.

neongreen.jpg

hey spanko!! those zoas are really cool. We should work out a trade some time =)

• 3 weeks later...

Well had to get the foxface out, getting to big. So to do this had to take all rocks out.

So, from the beginning of the tank almost 2 years ago my original intent was to learn what I could. Water quality, inhabitants, etc. etc. I had an end goal of a anemone and clown tank or a jawfish tank.

Well have added about 3 inches of coarse sand and set up a patch reef or Bommie, an island of coral surrounded by sand.

Here are some pics. There is a blue spotted jawfish and a purple firefish in the tank but they are new today and just chillin out of camera reach. Will get them in future updates.

Hope you like!!!!!

FTS

1fts-3.jpg

From right side

1fromrightside.jpg

From left side

1leftside.jpg

Top down clam

1clamtop.jpg

Top down Pavona, Rics

1ricspavona.jpg

Top center

1topcenter.jpg

Frogspawn

1frog.jpg

• Like 1

Are you still using your Radium 20k?

You don't have any other suplement lighting on your tank do you?

i've had my 20k radium on my tank a little over a month now and am loving it

the first 20k i got burned out in 2 weeks sadly and i had to wait for a replacement and then had to wait for the corals to switch back over from the pheonix, but growth and color is great

i should have pics up in a day or so of the 20k and the 2 24w atinic + i have on my tank

your tank is looking amazing as always spanko

Love the new scape as well, i'm sure that makes cleaning much easier on you :]

Are you still using your Radium 20k?

You don't have any other suplement lighting on your tank do you?

i've had my 20k radium on my tank a little over a month now and am loving it

the first 20k i got burned out in 2 weeks sadly and i had to wait for a replacement and then had to wait for the corals to switch back over from the pheonix, but growth and color is great

i should have pics up in a day or so of the 20k and the 2 24w atinic + i have on my tank

your tank is looking amazing as always spanko

Love the new scape as well, i'm sure that makes cleaning much easier on you :]

Yup still the Radium without any other supplementation. I am however building now a small reflector that will house one of the original 36watt actinics from the original hood. I miss the fluorescence actinics give to the tank after the daylights go out and the blue moonlights in the sunpod just don't get it.

Beeker, Dood and Nick thanx as always for taking a look and commenting.