SaltCritters.com

Zoo eating crab!!!!!

onthefly

So I had been bad mouthing my big bristle worm because I had been seeing small, balled up zoos rolling around on the sand on a couple of recent mornings........well tonight, on my way into the kitchen for my midnight oreo fix....I grabbed the flash light and peered in.......WTF IS THAT!

See for yourself, he was bundled up under the zoo stalks.....chewing away on one.....he moves really slow and buried in the sand no problem.....was able to fish him out and he is now in my FOWLR (where the pic was taken).

Anybody seen these guys before:

Is that a mithrax otf?

If so, I have yet to see my mithrax raging on zoos. I have a small pod problem with zoos but it seems to have lessened over the past few days.

And don't you just hate it when someone badmouths your bristleworm?

This guy looks like a sand (light tan) colored Dungeoness about a 1/2 inch across his back.....2 boo koo oposable claws. Not an emerald or SLF either.......

I had read about your pod explosion, and was eye that too, since my pods are starting to reproduce big time.......so up until last night, pods and bristles were the key suspects.......Now, barring some DNA mix up at the lab...the crab did it! Couldn't find him in the FOWLR this morning....maybe my flame hawk stuck a shiv in him in the shower?:D

Bristle worm is free to go with my deepest appologies....he'll proly want psychological damages or back pay or something like that!!!! :D

Watch out for those bastard crabs!

I'ts kinda blurry, but looks like a Black tip or Shameface, or any number of Calico Crab species.

Good ya cought it.... look for his buddies too as there may be more than 1.

Thanks Dave.....welcome back!

I've looked everynight since then......no sighting of those biatches yet!!!!! He may have been a solo hitcher! I've also stopped seeing "rolly polly" zoos in the morning.

Archived