Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TyTy's 20AIO

tyty22

i would take one rate now but the lights just went out and the breeder net is pretty ugly. once i figure things out i will deffintely take one.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your build TyTy!

Planning on doing something similar with my 20 and was curious what kind of silicone you used to join the acrylic to the glass (tank)?

Any suggestions from others on a good silicone to join acrylic and glass? I read that Titan Bond Plus by BOSTIC works well but anything else out there that's safe?

• 3 weeks later...

yup always have been and most likely always will. im in the webster area

tank update

i made a diy airstone skimmer out of 2 b-iontic bottles its working ok but its still producing very wet

i also set up an ATO using a digital timmer set to run for 6 minutes 6 times throughout the day via a toms aquatic dosing pump. im still fiddling around with the timing but for the most part it works well.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got some footage of the pistolshrimp one night after feeding

The yellow watchman goby got stage fright so hes not in the video or pictures

he is still a really big scaredy cat.

i barely ever see the YWG, i will catch a quick glimpse of him evertime i walk into my room but he immedatily sprints back into his pvc home. anybody have ideas how to get him to swim around more?

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

th_MOV00961.jpg

• 3 months later...

Back from my lazy slum

I moved the tank against the wall

new stand and canopy

100_5914.jpg

new canopy MUCH MUCH nicer then the old one

but surprisingly i was able to salvage the frame and use it to make this.

lowers the light to like 8inches

what do you think?

100_5917.jpg

100_5919.jpg

my cheap summer cooling. more or less i don't want to drill holes in my new canopy

100_5921.jpg

retro-fited a new filter into the existing fuge. DIYed glass box to fit stanard filter cartriges

100_5924.jpg

better flow with CPVC pipe with several outlets along backwall

100_5925.jpg

monti growth color much better in person

100_5939.jpg

bed view

100_5938.jpg

FTS

100_5927.jpg

• 1 month later...

how crazy is this....i have been planning the EXACT same layout for a 20L tank in my head/on paper for a few months & then i just stumble across your build thread

LOL

cool i really like this tank. its coming up on its 1 year mark.

i moved some coral around and will be adding some more later this week ill post some new pictures

here is how i'm doing my canopy & integrating the covering of the rear filtration:

allinonenano.jpg

however, cause i am doing an LED fixture, instead of a 20L, i have decided that i might drop down to a 15g tank (24*12*13) since it fits in my LED plans better. gonna do 6" rear chamber similar to your's but will have (4) actual chambers. 1 for the media tray(s), 1 for a tunze 9002 (eventually), 1 for the cheato & LS/LR rubble & then return chamber.

return chamber will also house an intake at the bottom thru the false wall for a closed loop intake. return for it will go up the sides of the canopy to the top front corners w/ loc-line. might do a SCWD on it as well

regular return will have a hydor flo deflector & i'll probably do a small rock wall on the rear false wall

I want to do an LED setup for this tank so much. when i have the spare cash im deffinitely building one.

Have you seen hcsceo's 15 AIO. Its really nice he even has a live webcam.

He helped me out a bit when i was building this tank.

you should check it out

Hcsceo's 15 AIO

i would think twice about the hydor flo. i used one for a little while it consantly stopped and severely cuts down on flow.

i find that using small cpvc with 2 or 3 outlets along the back wall works the best

i would think twice about the hydor flo. i used one for a little while it consantly stopped and severely cuts down on flow.

had one on my biocube 8 for almost 2 years....externally it fully encrusted w/ coraline & practically dissappeared in the tank. i think i might have cleaned the inside gears in vinegar maybe once & i never had a problem w/ it stopping.....unless an astrea got his shell wedged in between it & the glass or rear wall LOL

i am aware of it cutting the flow....i'm just gonna use a slightly stronger return pump to compensate :)

Looks nice. I love how you have that monti postioned. I still haven't mounted mine after my tank swap! :huh:

-Prof

i actually just moved it haha. im gonna try a get some pictures up when i transfer over some coral. i need super glue gel first.

i actually just moved it haha. im gonna try a get some pictures up when i transfer over some coral. i need super glue gel first.

I need some help deciding on fish

Lately I'm thinking 3 blue green chromis

But...

What about a flame angel I always thought my tank was too small But I was looking at the ultimate fish guide and it has me thinking my tank might be ok.

Any input would be helpful

the angel should be fine, but keep an eye on it. It may end up chowing on your corals.

Your tank looks really nice too! I love your euphyllids. (they are my favorite LPS)

1 sixline wrasse, 1 bi-color blenny. Sixline will give you movement in the middle area blenny will give lower movement. Both will serve a purpose too as sixline will eat pests and blenny will mow down some algae.

i love my hammer and torch althought the torch doesn't have as much tentical extension as others.?

im not really a sixline wrasse fan and i have a yellow watchman goby.

i really love flame angels they have always been my fav fish.

I could still use more input on the situation.

Archived