Top Shelf Aquatics

TyTy's 20AIO

tyty22

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
ok this is what i ment before when i said have the acrylic level with the rim.

i tried my best to draw it out so here you go

this is what i did and recomend you not to do as the water flows over the teeth instead of through.

filterteethexplainatoin.png

this is what i recomend to do so the water flows THROUGH the teeth

filterteethexplain1.png

Couldn't you just lower the water level a wee bit? Or does that interfere with the operation of the PH?

then it goes bellow the black trim and you can see the water level from the display, which i don't like.

its not really a problem anymore. it only happens when the tank is completely full and the filter is backed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time

sorry for the lack of updates. i have been sick and very very busy

i have been having a cayno problem along one side of my sand bed for the most part. i can't seem to get rid of it. i even but a power head down there but it did nothing!

other then that things have been good monti is growing great! along with the hammer, torch and others

ALL except the new zoas they still have not grown one new head i don't understand i even moved them up further?? what am i doing wrong?

pics

now

DSC00815.jpg

3week

DSC00800.jpg

day 1

100_4727.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

the tanks doing ok -_- corals are fine

but i have had some horrible luck lately

i went out and bought a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp a week or two ago and let them live in a breeder net for a day or so with some sand and they seemed to pair up so i decided to release them into the tank the pistol went strait to digging but the ywg just swam around. so later that night i go to check on them and i don't see either of them so i looked around then i finally found the ywg got sucked into the filter pad :angry: i quickly pulled him out and put him in the breeder net. he was gasping for air and at a closer look his fins were beat up too. ad in the morning he was a goner and the pistol seems to be mia :angry:

and going a while back when my black saddle clown died his fins were beat up too.

so im almost positive that the whole problem revolves around my fasle clown. i don't know what to do he was the first saltwater fish i have ever had. i want my tank to be full of life but i guess that means i have to do something about my clown fish....

what should i do?

i wish it was that easy but don't you think its to small i do... the tanks about 7.5 gallons total volume but 5.5gallons of swimming space

lol

im still stuck on what to do with this clown fish. ???????

Also on a second note there may be hope that the pistol shrimp is still alive. i found a couple freshly dug tunnel openings. so today when i do my water change i will see if i can find him and put him in the breeder net until i can get him a buddy

but i really need some input on what i should do with my agressive false clown...

lol

im still stuck on what to do with this clown fish. ???????

Also on a second note there may be hope that the pistol shrimp is still alive. i found a couple freshly dug tunnel openings. so today when i do my water change i will see if i can find him and put him in the breeder net until i can get him a buddy

but i really need some input on what i should do with my agressive false clown...

ok ok....is there any posibility that you can tear the take down half way or something so that you could net him?

if not then you might want to get a fish trap. or make yourself a fish trap by just using a old waterbottle.

hope this helps ;)

i don't any local reefers.

sorry for the confusion but catching him isn't my problem its figuring out what to do with him.

i was talking about catching the pistol shrimp if i find him alive.

success!!! i found the pistol shrimp and put him in the breeder net!!

YAY! DIJA FIND A PLACE FOR THE CLOWN TO GO? you should ship it to me...=P

haha shipping would be more then the fish!!! lol sooo.. you could come pick it up

anyone in rochester want a clown fish?

OMG another local! im from geneseo ny!

yea im definitely what i would consider local.

So i take it you have visted TRS and CF then?

and your tank is coming along nicely. keep up the good work!

thanks if only i had some more money for coral and something to do with this clown fish.

ya those are the only two lfs i now of. do you know any more. how close are you too caribbean forest and the reef shoppe

i go to TRS a lot as well as CF.

I was talking with Tom on saturday for a half an hour about what to do with the rimless FW display tank. all i can say is, it should be amazing.

it really isnt that far away from my place. about 8 bucks in gas there and back.

i also know of some other places. PM me about them, as i feel uncomfortable talking about LFS's on your tank thread.

anyway, carry on

Archived