Pod Your Reef

TyTy's 20AIO

tyty22

p-90033-barnacle-blenny2.jpg

haha i love the barnacle blenny their prefect.

does anyone know if they will be ok with a ywg, pistol shrimp and clown fish

liveaquaria says this

The Barnacle Blenny which is also known as the Tube Blenny, originates in the Caribbean Ocean. Its color is a mottled black, white and red covering the body and fins. The head of this fish is covered with short hair-like appendages and has two very large eyes.

A well-established 10 gallon or larger aquarium with multiple hiding places and plenty of rock is a suitable environment. The Barnacle Blenny is a very entertaining fish, as they race as fast and furious as they can to snatch food from the water column while trying not to be eaten by the other fish. The body of this fish is seldom seen as they will take up residence in a small crevice in the rocks. They are a very attentive fish constantly watching about the aquarium waiting for a meal to come their way.

The Barnacle Blenny does best in well-established aquariums with large numbers of crevices in the rocks in which it can hide. The diet should include meaty items such as finely chopped crustacean flesh, vitamin enriched frozen brine and mysis shrimp.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it man! I just got my 20L from Petco, And I also am planning on doing my first AIO Overflow/Filter/Fuge

I am going to be asking you for a ton of tips soon! Nice job!

Thanks

my design seems to be working perfectly. there is only one thing i would do differently and thats to make the acrylic higher so it goes over the plastic rim on the aquarium

Thanks

my design seems to be working perfectly. there is only one thing i would do differently and thats to make the acrylic higher so it goes over the plastic rim on the aquarium

Can you explain that a little more. And also I wanted to add somewhere in the sump/fuge for carbon, polyfill. How would you go about that in yours?

i have to do math hw :angry: but i draw up what i ment later or tomorrow sorry but as for carbon im planning on just hanging it in the fuge as theres lots of flow but you could just make the filter box deeper with more sections.

haha.

oh and one other small thing i would do is have the pump on bottom connected with a tube because the pump seems to hum louder when evaportation lowers the water level bellow the very top of the maxi jet pump.

haha.

oh and one other small thing i would do is have the pump on bottom connected with a tube because the pump seems to hum louder when evaportation lowers the water level bellow the very top of the maxi jet pump.

I have been planning on Not using a maxi-jet but using a return pump....will the sump design still work for a return pump, or is it designed for the maxijet...

i designed my for a maxijet but you can design yours however you like just make sure you make the return pump camber wide enough for the pump you use. and you could use a locline bulk head fiting for your return hole.

ok this is what i ment before when i said have the acrylic level with the rim.

i tried my best to draw it out so here you go

this is what i did and recomend you not to do as the water flows over the teeth instead of through.

filterteethexplainatoin.png

this is what i recomend to do so the water flows THROUGH the teeth

filterteethexplain1.png

ok so i have finnaly desided on the fish i would like to keep.

A pair of True Percula Clownfish

Yellow Watchman Goby and a Pistol shrimp pair

(i added 7pounds more sand and im going to get a cup or so of rumble for them to build with)

And maybe just maybe a Barnacle Blenny

My question is should i add them in any paticular order?

thanks

If you were a chick there would be 3823 posts already. I don't know about the other fish but I would add the clown's as a pair. Keep up with the pics as everyone responds well to them. Looks good so far. Just give your tank as much time as possible before adding fish.

Steve

If you were a chick there would be 3823 posts already.
haha ya :lol:

I don't know about the other fish but I would add the clown's as a pair. Keep up with the pics as everyone responds well to them. Looks good so far. Just give your tank as much time as possible before adding fish.

i am entering the the officially unofficial tank contest so i will be taking down my aquapod (in hopes to make it a frag tank some day)

so i will be taking the clown fish(s) in the aquapod and putting them in this tank. there not a pair but the get along ok ones a false clown(stupid mistake) and a black saddle clown. i wish i could get a true pair of clown fish but i really don't want to abandon them.

i will try and keep them in the aquapod as long as i can but when i get my 5.5 gallon up and running they will have to move.

since they're to big for a 5.5

ill try and get some pictures of the snails i guess... when i get home

little Update

i did a water chage today and got my aquapod, 20long and extra water all equal parameters. So tomorrow when i aclimate one of my clown fish, hopefully it was be as least stressfull as possible.

here are the zoas and button polyps from my aquapod that will be going into this tank

100_4360.jpg

thats just one patch of those button polyps there are alot

100_4359.jpg

we don't have a great camera so these are about as good as it gets. if im lucky

I've got those same zoa's and they are super fast growers. In the last 4 months mine has gone from two heads to over 30!! They are nice and big to.

Steve

the zoas have grown quite a bit but not as fast as yours hcsceo mine started at about 8 or so heads to about 36 in about 7 months. well i guess thats pretty fast being under 54 watts of PCs.

im hoping they will really take of once i get them under the metal halide.

if the button polyps grow any faster under the metal halide i will have a tank full of them in no time. thoughs things mutilpy like crazy.

i also have a 3 head hamer coral and a torch coral which i bet will do great under the halide

i was quite upset and really confused last week when my hamer coral started really acting up. lots of tissue recission and not a single head would open. when all the other corals seemed to be doing better than ever.

i just continued to dose and feed but i still lost 2 big heads going from 5 to 3.(:( oh well not much i could do) 3 smaller heads opened up sunday i guess 3 is better than none

also one question when i transfer my coral do any of you have any tips to make the move as least stressfull as possible .

i have got the water acclimation process down to a science

but as for the light acclimation is layers of screening the only thing i need to do.

removing one layer at a time other a week or so??

On the acclimation, when I moved my zoa's from 48watt PC to my 150MH I did two things. 1. Obviously moved them to the bottom of the tank. 2. Put a layer of egg crate on top of the tank between the light and water. Even with this everything got light stressed. I'm still waiting on stuff to open.

Steve

Archived