Innovative Marine Aquariums

[New Pics 10/24] Bonsai's LED BioCube [29g] Journal - Home Tank

Bonsai

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LED Lighting Upgrade Installed!

Last Wednesday, Aug. 12th, I converted the BC29 from stock the 72w PC Lighting to 72W LED Lighting by way of:

12x Cree XR-E Cool White LEDs

12x Cree XR-E Royal Blue LEDs

Pics to come - but I can say that the lights are super bright, and I have the whites at about 33% ... the blues even less than that.

I picked up more SPS, a frag of Blue Acro, Green Slimer, and a Cat's Paw frag.

I am a little ticked off though ... the LEDs must have spooked my Jawfish, because he moved out of his condo after 8 months of living in it exclusively. Now he's digging under the rocks and making a mess with the sugar-sized sand. Grrrrrrrrrr Blue Spotted Jawfish.

I'm getting used to the LEDs though. My tank temperature dropped by a degree or two, it never gets over 80 now, and I love the fact that I won't have a light bulb change for ... like 13 years! :D

THEEGRIMREEFER

wow thats awesome how nice everything grew under the stock pc lighting! looking good B) now lets see it with the leds!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How do you clean around the curve of the bc29? I see the ma float (at least the one I have) does not clean the curves well at all.

My magfloat does well in the curves of the Biocube 29....I just go slowly, and it follows right along.

My magfloat does well in the curves of the Biocube 29....I just go slowly, and it follows right along.

Bonsai, you're my hero!

I love what you did under the stock Biocube 29 lights....I'm hoping to be able to do half so well with mine.

We'd all love to see what's happening under the upgrade, too!

Bonsai, you're my hero!

I love what you did under the stock Biocube 29 lights....I'm hoping to be able to do half so well with mine.

We'd all love to see what's happening under the upgrade, too!

Thanks - I've been trying to get decent pics under the LEDs ... no luck yet. I can't get the color quite right ... but I'm working on it :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time for a photo update ... here are a few quick pics from around the reef:

My Prized Blue Spotted Jawfish

bsjfonlawn.jpg

Bam Bams! I have probably 100+ polyps of these across my tank.

bambams.jpg

Nuclear Green Palys

nucleargreens.jpg

Kedd's Red Zoa Morph

redsa.jpg

Clown Hosting in Zoa Garden

zoaclown.jpg

Zoas As Far As The Eye Can See ...

zoafield.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...