Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

coral care

ian

I've got one in moderate light (about 8" below surface, glued to a rock so it faces sideways, under 55W PC), and moderate flow, enough to gently wave it around. It seems to do fine without specific feeding, but I occasionally feed it whatever I'm feeding the other critters, usually mysis shrimp or pellet food. In the daytime when the bubbles are expanded it can catch things between the bubbles, then the tentacles come out enough to push the food into its mouth. At night the tentacles grab whatever runs into them. I have a fairly heavily fed tank, so it probably picks up a lot that I don't know about. I've also recently started feeding my other corals Coral Heaven form IPSF, and I sometimes shoot a bit of that at the bubble, but it was doing fine before that.

Cool coral, I recommend it (other than the fact that I recently read that most LPS are next to impossible to frag, so they're nearly always wild-harvested. So if you're hoping to frag things or really conscientious about saving the reefs you might want to consider that. But if you're getting something wild-caught anyway I think it's a good one because it's hardy.)

Do you already have one? Having trouble with it?

Just remember that they are pretty aggressive and also when it grows larger they are almost impossible to frag.  I have read a few posts on people trying to frag and seems the safest way takes at least two weeks, and still hard to do.  Guess very hard to do this without hurting the soft tissue.

Archived