Pod Your Reef

what is needed

tlyee63

ok here we go

what do ineed to maintain live rock

heres the setup 9.5 gallon custom tank,converted biowheel 110b 2-67k13pc 1-13w act,chemipure,micro chiller,1200 maxijet ,50 watt heater so what do Ineed to test and dose for I get  filtered sea water, I live in hawaii so water and other items are easy gotten but Idont know what to test and dose for I'm changing my lights to 2-32 smartlamp retros please follow the K.i.s.s.theory for your answers tank temp 77f and I change 30% every week.I just want live rock Ihave some inverts and a single blue damsel s what the hell am I doing or what should I be doing

d*mn

that is hard to read, dont they teach basic english in Hawaii?  Ok if you are not keeping any corals you dont even need pc, just a couple NO bulbs, one 10k and one actinic.  A 1200 Maxi-jet, that is 300gph, why do you have all that flow, need maybe 100gph. You only need to do 10% weekly.  The fish you have is fine, just dont get anymore with it.

(Edited by Dave51 at 6:11 pm on Feb. 17, 2002)

sorry that came out all messed up it took 3 attemps to get my question to post so was a little fustrated.anyway what do i neeed to test for and dose for .sorry but i run a maxi900 and it runs a spray bar,i bought 2 32 smartlight retros and gonna run that something that the 13 act are not real? also have halimeda plants in the tank some people say you have to run a protein skimmer was real ####ed when i heard that didnt build the tank to house one, do i need to have one ? thanks

You dont need a skimmer, just do weekly water changes.  Hardly anyone at this board has one.  Actually no pcs are true actinic untill you reach 55watts, they should have true actinic for lower watts soon I hope.  Also good idea to have plants in your tank.

yup,Hawaii it's not all that great,try having to order just about everything,250 gram of reef builder $8.00 hows that for rip off,weather almost always great though

Archived