inTank Media Baskets

WHAT THE! 10+purple spotted tentacles with red feather duster thing?

dahliaheartsyou

dahliaheartsyou

OK, I most DEF. cannot get a pic of this cuz it's at an impossible angle.

So, I'll do my best.

It's sticking out of a hole in the rock, it almost looks like a spaghetti worm, it has 10+ long stringy tentacles either waving or stretching to grasp the rock. Then tentacle things are a bright purple with black dots.

Then, at the base where the hole of the rock and legs meet, it what looks like a feather duster/long aiptasia bright red in color.

I know it's useless without pics, and I'm a newb for not posting and not knowing, but any help is appreciated!

Hitchhiker octopus!

:o

Actually, I have no idea. Maybe in the bristle worm family. They're usually pretty nocturnal.

Scratch that. Sounds more like a sea cucumber.

dahliaheartsyou
two brittle stars?

no, the tentacles are very smooth, almost transparent in spots.

I have a bunch of mini brittles, it's not them.

but boy do i luv my brittles!

spaghetti worm!

I'm thinking that...

but can they be purple and black spotted?

And, upon further inspection, it looks as it is 2 seperate things!!!!

1 being the purple spaghetti thing

2 being a almost bristle-ey worm with a crown/head like a feather duster but red...

dahliaheartsyou
no, the tentacles are very smooth, almost transparent in spots.

I have a bunch of mini brittles, it's not them.

but boy do i luv my brittles!

I'm thinking that...

but can they be purple and black spotted?

And, upon further inspection, it looks as it is 2 seperate things!!!!

1 being the purple spaghetti thing

2 being a almost bristle-ey worm with a crown/head like a feather duster but red...

Also, I looked on chucksaddiction, and it looks like a SYNAPTID SEA CUCUMBER, but not.

And, I JUST SAW ANOTHER SPAGHETTI WORM OUT OF IT'S HOLE IN THE SAND!!!

omg, so freaky, I pointed a flashlight in a direction, then saw it scurrying back to it's little tower it made in the sand....

And, I looked again, and it is def. 1 thing, the red crown thing has identical spots and it smooth and elasticy.

Also, I looked on chucksaddiction, and it looks like a SYNAPTID SEA CUCUMBER, but not.

And, I JUST SAW ANOTHER SPAGHETTI WORM OUT OF IT'S HOLE IN THE SAND!!!

omg, so freaky, I pointed a flashlight in a direction, then saw it scurrying back to it's little tower it made in the sand....

And, I looked again, and it is def. 1 thing, the red crown thing has identical spots and it smooth and elasticy.

maybe it's a cheese burger.

dahliaheartsyou
Maybe you should try feeding it a cheeseburger.

funny-pictures-monacle-cat-orders-a.jpg

but really...

1- as glenn knows, I have no cheesburgers to feed it.

2-WHAT THE HECK IS THIS THING, I COULD HAVE A BLUE RING OCTOPUS FOR ALL I KNOW!!!!

help pwease?

funny-pictures-monacle-cat-orders-a.jpg

but really...

1- as glenn knows, I have no cheesburgers to feed it.

2-WHAT THE HECK IS THIS THING, I COULD HAVE A BLUE RING OCTOPUS FOR ALL I KNOW!!!!

help pwease?

I'll help as soon as you ID my acro.

dahliaheartsyou

Ok, no to ball anemone, the tentacles are pointed at the end and thinner, but the whole transparent with spots is close, but the feather thing is red

and no to nudi, the tentacles are quite long, 3-5 inches, and thin.

I have the same things all over the live rock in my tank. I was told that they are speghetti worms. They have never caused any problems, but they do irratate my zoas every once in a while.

dahliaheartsyou
I'll help as soon as you ID my acro.

:wub:

I have the same things all over the live rock in my tank. I was told that they are speghetti worms. They have never caused any problems, but they do irratate my zoas every once in a while.

really?

are they colored and have a crown?

I know spaghetti worms sometimes irritate zoas, nasty buggers....

Multiple tentacles, black knobs, feater duster thing...still sounds like a sea cuke to me. I know you don't have much livestock in your tank, but did you happen to buy any pellets or flake yet? Maybe you could lure him out a little further with food.

really?

are they colored and have a crown?

I know spaghetti worms sometimes irritate zoas, nasty buggers....

They are purple with blackish spots every 1/3 inch maybe. I usually do not see the crown, but sometimes its like they move out of the rock that they are in and I see it. Its reddish but it doesn't really look like a feather duster crown to me (not quite sure how to describe it).

dahliaheartsyou
Multiple tentacles, black knobs, feater duster thing...still sounds like a sea cuke to me. I know you don't have much livestock in your tank, but did you happen to buy any pellets or flake yet? Maybe you could lure him out a little further with food.

GENUiS!!!

Ok, well, I'm doing that now.

also, i was thinking cuke, but what about all the extra arms?

GENUiS!!!

also, I have a similar looking thing, in the sand bed, near another spaghetti worm...

it looks like a feather duster crown, but less fingery things, and it is blue with yellow tips.

GENUiS!!!

Maybe it's laying on a starfish? I'm not too sure, don't really know that much about cukes. I'll have to look into it.

Where did you get your liverock anyway? I never had this much excitement during cycling. I spent a month trying to convince my boyfriend that I found one of those little white starfish.

dahliaheartsyou
Maybe it's laying on a starfish? I'm not too sure, don't really know that much about cukes. I'll have to look into it.

Where did you get your liverock anyway? I never had this much excitement during cycling. I spent a month trying to convince my boyfriend that I found one of those little white starfish.

LOLZ!!!

seriously, have you read my tank thread? well, it's confusing anyways, lol, but you name it I probably got it

I have an INTENSE amount of critters, like the entire section of "look here for id" thread.

I have 3 different types of asterina stars, ones with 5 legs, ones with 8, and blue-ish ones that have bubbles on top.

ok, i think it is a cuke....is there a type with longer tentacles...hm...

it's eating the food pellet, and the red crown part and the tentacles are all over the pellet eating it.

AND NOW THE HERMIT IS FIGHTING WITH WHATEVER IT IS FOR THE FOOD!!!

lolz.

dahliaheartsyou
My money is on the 10 armed monster

you lost the bet. the hermit started eating it's tentacles.

I had to step in and flick the hermit off of him.

you lost the bet. the hermit started eating it's tentacles.

I had to step in and flick the hermit off of him.

I should have known better. My hermits would crawl over their own mother for a pellet and sea cukes are pretty slow.

And I was reading your thread. I just got a little distracted by icanhasacheeseburger.

Archived