ReefCleaners.org

denitrator

theonyl3rd

Please clarify what exactly you are looking for. If you are looking for a coil-type denitrator, there are no commercial units that I'm aware of.

Ooh that reminds me, MrA is developing a mutant super denitrifying bug that can gobble a million times its weight in nitrogen each second.

When's that coming to market again? ;)

I just thought i'd chip in that I have seen at least one large, *very* heavily fed tank that employed a sulphur denitrator/denitrifier (which word is correct?) and it ran at undetectable nitrates. The owner said the tank used to run about 40ppm, and that within a few weeks after installing it, his nuisance algae just sort of melted away.

Anaerobes are far more efficient than algae at removing nutrients, but there is a price to be paid in terms of tweaking and maintenence. As for the contention that liverock and algae are "better"... they are cheaper and less work, but they most certainly do not approach the efficacy of anaerobes for nitrate reduction.

Thanks for all the replies. i need something that can give me some leway as i will be working up north, no one i really trust to just come in and do water changes at my place

Archived