Coral Vue Hydros

Cuboy 4.5g! RIP! last pictures of my pico page 11

cuboy

I guess when I say 'brand' I mean like Tom's or something. I like the look of the tank. Can you link which lights you're planning on using? I think you did it earlier in the thread but I can't remember what they look like.

Flatworm update

I highly recommend Salifert's Flatworm Exit now that I've used it. I've cleared out the infestation in three tanks now and this stuff works GREAT! I do HIGHLY recommend you read and follow all the instructions though. Additionally, if you have an infestation like I did where they carpeted exposed live rock and were crawling on the glass, then I'd suggest tearing down the tank and pulling all corals, live-stock, and inverts out vigorously shaking each rock before removing it. Then nuke the tank and do one or more HEAVY water changes. Those little SOB's get the water stinking when they die. The water in my 29g got so polluted I couldn't see through the tank until 24hrs later. The live sand and bacteria seemed to do okay though with ammonia levels back to 0 in about 3 days. Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, the topic just came up a few posts back and I wanted to share the success I had killing off the pests. Thanks.

hey no worries, i think it's valuable information and I won't have to go searching around when i feel the need to address my problem.

This is the current light that's on my gf's 10g tank, I bought it about 3 weeks ago. Plan on taking it for my pico and getting her a 20" fixture probably a 70w sunpod.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/aquariu...me-t5ho-x2.html

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I almost got that light. What do you think of it? I was thinking about this one for my 2.5g or a 5.5g

Current Satellite

the light ok on the 10g. I think it needs just a little more light on a 10g. The fixture itself is actually 17.5" not 18". The legs don't fit for a 10g so it sits on top of my glass top.

I think the t5ho is the perfect light for a 5.5g

as for your 2.5, I would get the T5HO light only if you don't mind the extra 2" hang over on both sides.

or get the dual current satellite to have a nice slick fit.

firstchevalier
or get the dual current satellite to have a nice slick fit.

Which one is that? I am currently using the Coral life 9 inch 18w light (9w 10k/ 9w actinic) and am happy with it's performance but not it's look given it's only 9 inches and the tank is 11.5 inches. I'm debating constructing my own hood out of wood and mounting a 20w 50/50 from coral life in it. I'll probably take a stab at that this weekend.

Which one is that? I am currently using the Coral life 9 inch 18w light (9w 10k/ 9w actinic) and am happy with it's performance but not it's look given it's only 9 inches and the tank is 11.5 inches. I'm debating constructing my own hood out of wood and mounting a 20w 50/50 from coral life in it. I'll probably take a stab at that this weekend.

for your tank. here is a nice fixture for a very low cost. $35 for 2x18 coralife http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=13733

but the dual satellite 2x18 is currently $94 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=13637

soooooooo, I moved everything over into my new pico tank. It's like 0.5-1" shorter in depth, 2" longer and 2" taller.

I miss having that extra half inch-inch, it really made a difference, my scape is not the same now. my light does not fit either, so it's time to find a new one. I rinsed out my sand, and most of the nasty brown came out.

so I reallly, like REALLLLLLLLLLLYYY miss the bow front look of the picotope. It truly is a great design.

but the few extra inches longer is freaking great. Now I can isolate my xenia in the corner. and opens a possibility for more coral!

Pictures will come, possibly this weekend.

so I got a 20" sunpod for my gf then took the 18" current nova extreme t5ho light.

better than the 12" dual satelllite. I have pictures, just to lazy to upload. soon!!

addicted2reefer
img2542s.jpg

this is a picture of my 4.6g tank after i moved everything over. About 2 weeks ago

sweeet pico buddie. lil sand sifter goby,maybe? im lookin for a nice lil sandsifter too.

im modding a skilter250 with skimmer and fuge.

again great lookin pico...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey cuboy where u been? i like the new tank. where u find that tank at? maybe you can build a 70watt mh for it. lol can't wait to see this tank get stocked up..

-dave

Hey cuboy where u been? i like the new tank. where u find that tank at? maybe you can build a 70watt mh for it. lol can't wait to see this tank get stocked up..

-dave

got the tank off a local. yeah a 70mh would be nice, currently i switched my dual sat out for current nova 2x18w t5h0. it's 18" long, so I have about 2" hang over per each side.

not much new to the tank , just been busy lately. Trying to gather parts to put together a 60g

thanks for the pictures and instructions. are you submersing the container into the tank? or a separate entity?

btw, here is the picture of my ac70 w/ oceanic skimmer.

I was thinking of adding my oceanic skimmer into the AC70 as well. How well does the skimmer work inside the AC70?

Great idea btw!

I was thinking of adding my oceanic skimmer into the AC70 as well. How well does the skimmer work inside the AC70?

Great idea btw!

I hardly use it, and I will not recommend it

I use to get brown water, which is probably better than nothing.

But somehow i think it was leaking back into my tank water. When I went to do water changes, my plastic red cup (what i use to scoop out tank water) would get this brown film residue inside.

After I switched out to the 4.5g tank, and did a 60% new water. It no longer produces brown gunk/water. (I probably dont have anything to skim out)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm tearing down my pico and upgrading to an ap12, most likely make the move on sunday.

it was fun while it lasted.

• 8 months later...
Avid Nano-Reefer

do you have a protein skimmer in your AC70? If so what brand is it? I'm trying to find some that will actually fit in the AC70? Any Suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Archived