inTank Media Baskets

Cuboy 4.5g! RIP! last pictures of my pico page 11

cuboy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you see it eat some thing. I lost two they just never ate and I tried every thing except no LFS had live BBS when I needed it. It really sux'd because they were so darn cute.

put in missing words

Your scape is really nice and you have a great selections of coral.

+100!!! nicely done

thanks! lol I like your signature "clown gobies attack" haha it matches my thread title

Usually more flow helps alot. As with any outbreak reduce feeding and lighting helps. How are your water tests? Is every thing in the tank still happy?

ac70 provides enough flow (I have it just tweaked so my sand isn't flying). I have reduced my feeding for the past day so far. Yesturday was lights out for my tank. It had about 2 hours of light. Today will be about 5 hours.

Everything still looks healthy. I'm getting tons of stomellas roaming my tank too. I guess that's a good thing! free critters to put into my gf's tank.

Adding a small power head like a Rio50 can help too. I found that the power head breaks up the flow from the water "falling" down the front of the tank from the AC70. Lets you run a little more flow, and becomes more turbulent. If the cyano keeps going for the next day or two, try a 48 hour blackout (we're talking towels over the tank. No ambient light). Nothing will be harmed from it.

Well, since I don't have an additional powerhead.

I did a 20% water change this morning. And shut my lights out (well not completely, I have my moonlight still on) and placed a towel around the tank.

I'll see if it's better tomorrow, if not I guess total darkness.

Aghh!! You make me want a pico so bad! Haha, I love those gobies!

YCG is my next fish.. I have yet to find one. :ninja:

Found him! Check out my thread

Great job on the picotope. i like your rock scape. are you using any powerhead. do you think we need it in the tank because the ac70 have a good flow already but do you consider to have one?

hopefully someday my pico look good like yours and everyone that have a picotopes..

Great job on the picotope. i like your rock scape. are you using any powerhead. do you think we need it in the tank because the ac70 have a good flow already but do you consider to have one?

hopefully someday my pico look good like yours and everyone that have a picotopes..

No I am not using an additional powerhead. I think I have enough flow already, there are a selected few that would recommend the addition of a powerhead. So it really depends on your layout and if you need it.

I may need it in the future, but who knows!

Thanks for the compliments =]

The biggest benefit I have found for adding a small power head is for breaking up the flow from the filter that goes down the front glass and disturbs the sand. The cross flow from the power head lessens how hard the flow hits the sand. I had a problem with that in my Finnex 4g. Sand would get blown off to the sides all the time.

That's a sweet little pico. How are the two gobies getting along?

I believe the yellow is more dominent.

In general they're fine, my green one never really swam around (even before the yellow came along) so he's doing the same. During feeding time, the yellow gets pretty food hoggish.

Archived