inTank Media Baskets

Gluing Gorgonians

pulpsmack

Hey all. I just brought home a little gorgonian and my pain-in-the-ass damsel keeps knocking it from my desired position. I have a nice piece of rubble that would make a great base for it. Now for the adhesive. I hate aquasticks, in my experience they don't work. If you know of a good epoxy/adhesive feel free to post it as well as where to get it, but if I can help it I would rather not pay shipping on a tube of adhesive. How about superglue? I've heard of it's application on other things. Does anybody have experience affixing gorgonians with superglue?

printerdown01

Never used super glue, but it should work! If you want, e-mail the people at GARF... They have quite a bit of experiance with cultivating gorgonians. But I don't see any problems with using super-glue.

Thanks Printerdown, you were right. GARF not only advocates the use of superglue, they use it for their frags. There is a great deal on info on fragging all sorts of corals here.

That was mentioned as well at GARF. For the time being I have planted a large turbo shell upside down in the sand and slid the base into it for support. It is also leaning agaist the rock for more stability.

Archived