SaltCritters.com

Help Xenia dying

Aqua newbie

Aqua newbie

I have two different xenias. My pom pom is doing fine and all the other corals are fantastic. But this xenia is losing its pulsing hands and shrinking.

post-36667-1217704844_thumb.jpg

HSHREDDER18

I'm having the same problem it was doing go last week but now it looking bad. worse then what your's looks like mine is all closed up

If it's not pulsating, check the Ph. Looks like you have more than just that going wrong. I'd check parameters anyway.

Aqua newbie

My pH is at 8.2. I also checked my nitrate- is 10ppm. I'm just confused way my pom pom is fine and my xenia elongata is horrible. Is it the flow?

The pulsing of xenia has little to do with PH. It does come and go, but PH is not what is effecting it, just like when GSP closes up for 3-5 days, it just does it.

It could be getting eaten by something in the tank. Other perams of course are necessary, if you have a "sick" coral, that would be your first place to start.

If it is a few stalks or even branches that are bad, cut them to prevent any spread of whatever is wrong.

Just because one coral is bad and others arn't really doesn't surprise me, everything reacts different. Also, nitrates need to come down.

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer33<(((<

I would snip the healthy polyps and let them settle somewhere else in your tank. Sometimes that's all youcan do to save a stalk. Once xenia goes, IT GOES

I'm not sure any of them are healthy. It seems though that a day after I dosed iodine that it began pulsing. Funny things is that when I bought it it never did.

Archived