Pod Your Reef

my 2! Year old Bio-Cube (with video! updated 11/5/09)

HeyLookItsCaps

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Beautiful tank, for sure! I enjoyed the video too. That's a pretty purple cap you have. I just put one in my pico...can't wait for it to blossom like yours :)

HeyLookItsCaps

mine is but a lowely red cap :( when your purple grows wanna trade frags? id love to get a purple red spiral going in my tank! thanks for the kind words :)

and yes mine is a pygmy angel, also known as a cherub angelfish. stellar citizen, except hes a little on the aggressive side. he doesnt nip corals tho.

mine is but a lowely red cap :( when your purple grows wanna trade frags? id love to get a purple red spiral going in my tank! thanks for the kind words :)

and yes mine is a pygmy angel, also known as a cherub angelfish. stellar citizen, except hes a little on the aggressive side. he doesnt nip corals tho.

oops :) I thought it was a purple. I have red...but I'll glady just give you some (you pay shipping)...when the purple grows out :) I'll let you know!

HeyLookItsCaps

thanks guys, it hasnt been without its rough patches. its taken me a long time to finally get this right, i really appreciate all the love!

thanks guys, it hasnt been without its rough patches.

its taken me a long time to finally get this right, i really appreciate all the love!

YW.

and i totally know what u mean.

took me a couple thousand dollars and a few dozen tanks to realize it was all wrong..... :lol:

live and learn, or learn and live.....either way.

HeyLookItsCaps

loc-line is fairly simple. ever play with legos or K'nex? i honestly just botched what i had with 4 extensions, and then two 45 degree angles with no tips. so 1 sprays against the wall and creates surface agitation and the other sprays across the tank, alot of people use the thinning tip to make the spray more linear......i just kinda threw this together and it ended up working out great. if you take pics of what you have id be glad to put our heads together and figure something out. never hesitate to ask me man, id love to help!

• 3 weeks later...

what if you took a dremel to it with a cutoff wheel.. like seen in the far right of this pic..

232231_Full.jpg

provided you can remove it from the tank.. or you could drain all the water out

nice looking tank.. like how you separated the xenia :)

HeyLookItsCaps

thanks! the xenia took alot of diligent work to get only on the glass and i have to keep it pruned back.

id have to drain the tank water to do it, but thats the way they normally do it?

HeyLookItsCaps

the whole setup

IMG_3938.jpg

ATO bucket

IMG_3939.jpg

petco pump

IMG_3940.jpg

some shots of the ATO in the return pump chamber

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg