Top Shelf Aquatics

0.79 gallon pico build (with pics)

simplenough

simplenough

So after being bored today i decided to use a 6x6x6 AZOO Razzle Dazzle Desktop Aquarium for bettas that i had laying around and turn it into a pico reef.

Today i painted the back black, and made a canopy out of plastic and painted that black as well.

-For lighting i will use a 10 watt light (buying it tomorrow) with the mini compact 50/50 bulb by coralife.

-For flow i couldnt find a small enough HOB filter so i am using the whisper 10 and will trim it down about an inch so that it can fit, i will also have to turn the flow down since it pumps 90gph.

-for filtration i will put chaeto and live rock in the back of the whisper.

-As far as livestock goes i have yet to decide.

here are some options ive thought about:

-small goby (might be pushing it though)

or

-a trio of sexy shrimp

or

-a pom pom crab and 2 sexy shrimp

any suggestions are welcome and here are the pics

next to a beer so you can see the size. (sorry for the smudges i had been touching the glass a lot)

2715638164_e1db094dc9.jpg

spray painting

2714817617_cd0a91a2cf.jpg

coral life 50/50 light

2715647748_ff5fe967aa.jpg

simplenough

i dont think a heater will be necessary, i live in miami, so it wont get too cold here and i usually keep the ac at around 75 so the light should keep it at 78.

for corals i plan on taking some softies from my 100g reef.

so itll probably be a few zoas, some gsp, some mushrooms and rics and pulsing xenia..

hopefully i can get it up and running tomorrow and i will be taking the sand, water and live rock from my 100g so it shouldnt go through a cycle but just in case ill wait a bit before adding anything

just wondering, what should i use as a cleaning crew? i was thinking a cerith or two and maybe a small hermit.. any recommendations?

simplenough

Well i set it up. Still havent gotten the lights but at least it is running.

waiting for the sand to clear up (i made a small mess)

2715200293_2953c55836.jpg

top down view. i put some rock rubble in the filter..

2716023244_3664cb3a71.jpg

Archived