Coral Vue Hydros

Ace1204's Solana Diary

ace1204

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Midas Blenny, I want one. How does it do? I hear they are jumpers? Incredible picassos. I have the solana as well. Can you tell me if you have had any carpet surfers?

I actually made a mesh top to prevent it, ive heard th same thing about midas, jumping typically happens at night when the lights are off and the fish cant see and they dont always know they are jumping lol, and thanks i love the picassos so far cant wait til they fill in with black

Finally got an aquascape that im digging...

tank.jpg

tank2-1.jpg

tank6-1.jpg

Still cant get a good pic of my valentines day massacre hoping this one starts to grow soon

tan4.jpg

Candy Apple Reds

tank3-1.jpg

tank5-1.jpg

tank7-1.jpg

OMG Where do you get your corals, I have to get me a VD massacre, (Zoa?) effen incredible! Nice scape also. I think I can handle a screen top at night. Thanks!

davidungaro

Where did you get that magnetic frag shelf - it looks cool. I have a Solana that's still cycling - well it appears to be done (measuring 0's constantly) but I am letting it "stew" for a bit longer before adding anything - but that shelf looks great.

OMG Where do you get your corals, I have to get me a VD massacre, (Zoa?) effen incredible! Nice scape also. I think I can handle a screen top at night. Thanks!

The mother of my VDM came from Atlantis but i got the frag from a member of my reef club Atlanta Reef Club.

Where did you get that magnetic frag shelf - it looks cool. I have a Solana that's still cycling - well it appears to be done (measuring 0's constantly) but I am letting it "stew" for a bit longer before adding anything - but that shelf looks great.

The rack came from Blackrock reef i believe is the name of the company they have many sizes and are very high quality well worth the money in my opinion the best frag rack i have ever seen.

davidungaro
The rack came from Blackrock reef i believe is the name of the company they have many sizes and are very high quality well worth the money in my opinion the best frag rack i have ever seen.

Perfect! I found them on the web (http://www.blackrockreef.com/index.html) and it looks like you probably bought MR3.L which has dimensions of: 8.66"L x 4.33"W x 1.81"H - does that sound right? Excellent find for a product and I am going to order one ASAP!

How long do you keep things on the rack before setting them in the display?

Your tank is amazing everything looks so healthy

Thanks glad you like it

Perfect! I found them on the web (http://www.blackrockreef.com/index.html) and it looks like you probably bought MR3.L which has dimensions of: 8.66"L x 4.33"W x 1.81"H - does that sound right? Excellent find for a product and I am going to order one ASAP!

How long do you keep things on the rack before setting them in the display?

Glad you found it, it really just depends, i keep stuff there until i find a place to put it and it looks to be growing steadily

• 2 weeks later...

Me loves everything. I just purchased a midas blenny and love him! He did jump but I was home and saved his life. Since then he has been great. Yours definately has more yellowish color though. Love the new pics, your tank is totally awesome. Beautiful clam and polys. :D

• 2 weeks later...
davidungaro

Ace (and others with Solanas) - how do you have your back sections setup?

I currently have:

Section1: Stock skimmer and heater (150W stealth)

Section2: Chemi-Pur and Filter Floss filling up the chamber

Section3: Float switch and top off hose

I have removed the plastic trays from section 2 and 3. Section 2 is filled up to the level of the old sponge filter with filter floss on top of chemi-pur.

I was thinking of changing out the stock skimmer. I've seen others put the new skimmer in the second/middle chamber. Don't know what works best...

Archived