Innovative Marine Aquariums

0.79 gallon nano questions

simplenough

simplenough

i moved this from another forum since this is more suitable for my questions:

i was bored today and had a 6x6x6 AZOO Razzle Dazzle Desktop Aquarium laying around so i decided to make it into a nano. I wanted to know, what lights do you think will be good for keeping a few softies such as zoas, mushrooms and xenia. Also i wanted a hang on back filter so i can put a small fuge and rubble rock back there. What would be good for that as far as flow and filtration goes?

and for later on what would be good as far as livestock goes?

ive never tried anything this small so ill be needing some help from you guys, thanks.

any recommendations are welcome

if you could find a clip on light like the jbj picotope has that will work. also that filter will work as well, i have seen petco carrying them.

simplenough

i will check that out. Would target have anything that would work well as far as lights go? (im going anyways since i need to buy some stuff from there)

and any ideas on what i can stock in here. i would guess its too small for any sort of fish right?

Its too small for fish but target might have a flourescant light that will be fine for mushrooms and zoas. Have you thought about a trio of sexy shrimp?

rustytrombonist
i will check that out. Would target have anything that would work well as far as lights go? (im going anyways since i need to buy some stuff from there)

and any ideas on what i can stock in here. i would guess its too small for any sort of fish right?

i just started a 1/16 gal nano out of a starbucks bottle im ordering a mini light http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluores...fe-20-watt.html

theres the link...if you can find a small goby im sure itll do fine

simplenough

would target sell any bluer lights, or is it ok that they just have regular 6500k?

and for stock i was considering the sexy shrimp or a pompom crab, what goby would be small and inactive enough to be okay in there?

and props on the starbucks idea.

rustytrombonist
would target sell any bluer lights, or is it ok that they just have regular 6500k?

and for stock i was considering the sexy shrimp or a pompom crab, what goby would be small and inactive enough to be okay in there?

and props on the starbucks idea.

clown goby, pand goby, tiger goby, neon goby

simplenough

would i be able to have a goby and pistol shrimp pair in here or is that too much?

i will start a build thread for this soon with pics. i have built a small canopy and painted the back black.

I personally think that adding fish to a tank that small is pushing it a bit, even for some gobies.

As far as the light goes, desklamps will all look too yellow. Yes, corals will grow, but there is also a stronger chance that algae will too. Find a nice desk lamp you like and swap out the bulb for something more reef friendly, like a 10K or a 50/50.

Archived