Coral Vue Hydros

28g Nano-Cube JBJ HQI

hppd432

Any input from anyone????

New pic with moon lights on...

What do you think about the rock work???

I love the rock work - mine is dull at the moment.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm i was thinkin about breaking my lighting times into 4 hours on, 4 hours off, 4 hours on then maybe moon lighting later...you guys think this would be an issue? Better just to leave on for 8 hours straight?

During the cycling you really shouldn't leave them on for more than 7 hours some people say not at all but mine did great with 7 hours and moonlights coming on after for 4hours.

I am going to get a cleanup crew today and them maybe next week if everything still is good then some life :-)

I love the rock work - mine is dull at the moment.

Thanks I have moved it around about 5 times already. Trying to balance the look of it to the performance when it comes down to adding corals :-)

Another pic before cleanup crew goes in and a little change on the rock work.

Another pic before cleanup crew goes in and a little change on the rock work.

Oh yeah, Aptaisa X is the bomb!! Only had a few aptasia maybe 4 or 5 and now 0 :-)

post-37961-1218390439_thumb.jpg

Looks good, is there anything for the CUC to clean up?

Yea, the rock and the glass have a small amount of diatrus. But the sand has plenty for them to eat. I only got 10 small blue crabs and 10 small astrea snails. Did the drip line to acclimate them and after about an hour they are all over the tank working for food :-)

Of course LFS wanted me to buy fish and corals and everything else.

Has anyone had luck with the strawberry Pseudochromis?

Looks good, is there anything for the CUC to clean up?

Dood, I just checked out your tank. Awesome!!! Any suggestions for me? Did you ever do a fuge?

Nice tank...Just started one myself but I dont know how to reduce the pics for them to fit on the thread...Any suggestions???

There are different ways and software. I did it the easy way and just emailed my pics to myself and it lets you reduce them then. I think I did 800 x 600. It worked great.

I had a question about the tank. I just got the same one but have not added any water or anything yet. As far as lighting goes, is the only way to turn off the moonlights by unplugging the power LED? Dont see any switches...Should moonlight be ran in conjunction with Halide lights? Also same goes for the wave maker and skimmer, only on/off by unplugging the power?

You can always use one of those plug-in timers found at home depot ($7-$10) for the moonlights. I would run the skimmer all the time except when feeding.

The moonlights can be left on all the time. They won't hurt anything. Moonlights are more than just for aesthetics; they mimic the moonlight in the wild, so they're a good thing for reef aquariums at night.

Where did you buy the tank?

And etc.

Can u take pictures of teh back and equipment?

I purchased the tank from LFS after getting a quote from MarineDepot.com that was a lot cheaper. The LFS matched it :-) and the new stand at LFS was only $50.00 compared to 169 on web :-)

I have found that most LFS will match the price if you speak to them correctly.

Hey HP. The tank looks great! I especially like the rocks, it should look killer when its all covered in corals. As for my back chambers I have from the left(facing the tank from the front) I have ph and temp probes, next chamber I have the stock skimmer ( that works alright for me), next is the media rack with filter floss on the top then chemipure and thats all for the media basket, the next chamber I have the heater, and the last chamber I have the jbj ato float switch. As for all the filter media that came with the tank I just threw it all out including all the sponges. Well If you have anymore questions just shoot me a pm or just post on my tank thread and im lookin forward to seeing this thing stocked with corals :D

I run my "moon lights on a timer just because. If you want to be able to turn them off you can get one of those switches that splices into the cord.

...they mimic the moonlight in the wild, so they're a good thing for reef aquariums at night.

Actually no. I read an article that debunked that theory. The scientist showed that true moon light is actually white in the water. The light reflected off the moon is white since it is sun light. I think the article had the wavelengths of moon light. Blue "moon lights" are for humans. They fluoresce corals but really don't anything for coral growth.

Nice rockwork, it's different! :)

Thanks, I moved it around about 5 times before adding sand around it. Then I moved it again about twice :-)

I've never used it but it is spoken well of over at Reef Sanctuary. It's really nothing more than the crud off the bottom of a LR curing tank (IMO).

Guess it wouldn't hurt. Not sure I'd spend the money though.

I just received a bag of it and sprinkled it in my 24g NC. Supposed to be miraculous stuff.

Let me know what u think, ok.

IMG_1467.jpg

New pic :-)

Hey the tanks looking great. As for the RK2 its a great unit but if you dont want to spend as much money but want almost all the same functions then you should look into the aquacontroller junior. I love mine. Its the best purchase I have made yet in this hobby along with my RO/DI unit ;)

Archived