Coral Vue Hydros

All-In-One Full Tank Shot Thread

AcroporaLokani

Ill throw mine into the mix :D . Its a 28 gallon nano cube HQI with 20k ushio bulb. The tank is about 5 months old. Well here it is...

FTSSept1-1.jpg

Edited by pudge1515
Fishhead Junkie

Nice looking tank..sweet looking corals. Is that xenia in the upper left corner? See some ricordia, zoos, montis, acans, you got a little bit of it all in there. What kind of anenome is that?

Steve

Fishhead Junkie

Hey skimmerdude...for about 2 seconds when I saw your tank pic...I swear I thought your koralia on the right side was a HUGE niger trigger. That snail on top looks just like that little fin they flip up. Nice tank, all of you guys have nice tanks....I'm still trying to get that great coralline growth you all have...its happening, just not as quick.

Steve

Hey skimmerdude...for about 2 seconds when I saw your tank pic...I swear I thought your koralia on the right side was a HUGE niger trigger. That snail on top looks just like that little fin they flip up. Nice tank, all of you guys have nice tanks....I'm still trying to get that great coralline growth you all have...its happening, just not as quick.

Steve

HA . . . that would be awesome. I have always wanted a niger trigger.

For coralline growth, I have been using b-ionic. I monitor my pH and test Ca++ and alk. Basically, the more B-ionic I add, the more my tank requires. As the calcification increases, I require more supplements. I also have been using purple-up. A lot of people have bad things to say about it, but it seems to work for me. As you can see, my entire back wall is covered, and I need to do a better job scraping the rest of my tank.

My calcium demands have been so high, I think I am going to get a calcium reactor.

Fishhead Junkie

B-ionic is a 2 part additive right? I'm using a 2 part myself(can't remember the name of it to save my life right now!), plus I throw in some purple up every now and then.

When you say your tank requires more, do you actually add more than the suggested amount of the B-ionic or are you talking about just adding more calcium? What level is your calcium at?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

New to the all-in-one hobby. This is my BC29 after about 10 weeks. Working on making the middle chamber a fuge this weekend with Chaeto to help with my Nitrates (20). I absolutely love this stuff!

post-38246-1221291973_thumb.jpg