Coral Vue Hydros

FS/FT: 70w metal halide retrofit

StanD

I'm looking to swap out this MH retrofit for a PC retrofit on my 10g tall display tank at the office. The airconditioning is turned off during the weekend and my tank temps are in the mid-eighties even with a 4" computer fan.

The only retro I have found that will fit is the 13w kit on Hellolights.com for $25. I'd like to fit 2 or 3 of these in the canopy (12"x12"). If you have any other type of PC or T5 setup that would fit under the canopy, let me know. 13w PC retrofit

So, if you have a PC or T5 kit and want to upgrade to a metal halide setup, please PM me. Otherwise, I'm looking for $100 for this retrofit. I think I paid $120 for it without the bulbs from Illuming.com. The Astra Lux bulb is approximately 7-8 months old.

The DE setup comes with:

70w 14k Astra Lux "blue" bulb

UV Filter glass

Reflector

NAIS 70w Electronic Ballast

** edit ** I'll throw in an extra bulb - 20k 70w Ushio (probably 4 months left on it) :)

Thanks,

Stan

21e57yv.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that a no? Haven't heard back from ya...

Yeah, not looking for another tank setup - just retro PC and/or cash.

how much run time on the other bulb? are you changing at 6-9 months like reccomended or do you go longer.

If I gut the hood and give you are the parts isn't that the same as retro? Same with the coralife fixture? This is going in a canopy right?

If I gut the hood and give you are the parts isn't that the same as retro? Same with the coralife fixture? This is going in a canopy right?

Yeah, but it has to fit in a 12"x12".....does it?

does this make the spotlike effect or does the light dispurse nicly aorund the tank

I'd say it is a good spread...

FTS_3-14-07.JPG

Check out AHsupply.com for PC retrofits.

At 12" x 12" there aren't any T5s that will fit, the smallest I've seen are 18", and you have only 1 manufacturer and 2 bulbs - 10,000K and Actinic.

There's also these:

http://www.aquariumguys.com/minicompact3.html

They come in 10w and 20w. You might be able to DIY a hood fairly easily, since they're basically lamp lights. Or you could just buy clip on lamps. I trimmed down the reflectors from AHSupply and used them in a standard aquarium hood to boost the output on these. That made a big difference.

Yeah, but it has to fit in a 12"x12".....does it?

Yeah you could fit both of them and then some... be happy to trade for both... Just let me know...

Yeah you could fit both of them and then some... be happy to trade for both... Just let me know...

Please send me a pic of the 18w/24w setup.

Anyone else?

still available - now $100 shipped. 70w retro DE setup with 2 used bulbs, electronic ballast, UV filter glass, and reflector. Paypal accepted.

Archived