Pod Your Reef

Bristleworms ejecting hot pink goo?

prisonspider

prisonspider

Just got done with my normal weekly water change and soon afterwards I noticed some hot pink goo glowing under my actinic bulb? as I was checking it out I then noticed about 5 bristleworms all popping out of the rocks almost simultaneously all ejecting this hot pink goo into the water. I can only guess this is a bristleworm mating thing ... but wasn't sure?

Any ideas what's going on? is this bristleworms spawning?

prisonspider

Sorry no pics or video ... (it was over an done before I could grab a camera)

Just seeing if anyone knew what was going on?

I'll just assume Bristleworm LOVE was in the air (or water in this case) :)

i had this too on my bubble coral when it was infested with bristle worms, i removed everything quickly as i see so many eating the coral. they leave behind some pink slime

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know if this is the same but i was smashing up some live rock today and when they cracked in half i would see some holes with a worm and that pink goo coming out . . . maybe mine was blood though ha.

i had this too on my bubble coral when it was infested with bristle worms, i removed everything quickly as i see so many eating the coral. they leave behind some pink slime

Are you sure it was bristle worms who ate your coral?

• 10 years later...

Just had the same thing happen in my 5yr old reef tank. I've never seen it before in my life and I work with tanks professionally. I also came to the c pool inclusion it was spawning. But in my research I came across this post and had to share my confusion Haha 

• Like 1