Parameters

PH ~ 8.4

Salinity ~ 1.021

DKH ~ 9

Calcium 420

Ammonia ~ 0

Nitrates ~ 0

Nitrites ~ 0

Temperature ~ 78.8 (average from digital thermometer as well as floating thermometer)

Current livestock

(fishless due to ich outbreak 2-3 weeks ago)

8 blue legged dwarf hermit crabs

2 Nassarius Snails

2 Astrea Snails

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

1 Red Reef Starfish

1 Sexy Dancer Shrimp

1 Anemone Shrimp

Any suggestions and or criticism's at this point?

JerseyChick
Looks great. Save yourself stress and leave it like that.

Really? I was hoping to add some yellowish corals down the road, but... My PH is weird

If I test at the moment lights go out it is a solid 8.3-8.4PH and at wake up immediately at lights on it is 7.8PH

(Is this something I need to work on?

qbical ~ I picked up the barnacle at "reef encounters" in Hackensack NJ I also grabbed a hollowed out coral tube for extra hiding pop out holes since I LOVE gobies and blennies so much.. They are an amazing store and have by far the HUGEST selection on anything fish part related and the workers are insanely nice and advisable.

JerseyChick

I just bought a UV Steriliser Canister for the display area of my tank and within one day my corals appear to have tripled their size. My question now is... do i run this thing 24 hours a day or do I do it opposite the day light timer schedule that I have.

I love it my tank looks one gazillion times better but I do need some advanced advice in regards to this.

Thank you guys/gals <3 Laura

Your pH swings are pretty normal. You can help that by making one of the chambers a fuge and run the light reverse cycle to help maintain pH

JourneyReef
Yellow polyps seem to fail even when all other corals thrive. I heard PH goes up at night for some reason.

GL

Weird, I've heard exactly the opposite and of all things in my tank it is the yellow polyps that thrive the best. They've spread like crazy.

JerseyChick

New Parameters ~ (as of 5:30pm tonight)

Carbonate Hardness ~ 12

Calcium ~ 400

Nitrates ~ O

Phosphates ~ 0

• 1 year later...
JerseyChick

My mods are:

original cover/ lid was removed, and in its place is a custom piece of 1/4 inch glass which covers the top except for the back compartments and a small crescent shape in the front for pellet food for my fishees. Also placed on top is a 20 inch metal halide (Current Sunpod 20 inch 70 watt HQI with twelve led's 3 blue and 3 white each side)

rear compartments are compartment one: heater, compartment two: live rock rubble & chemi pure elite topped with filter floss, compartment 3: stronger pump connected with clear plumber tubing and an O bracket, screw clampy tightner thing

In the display area I have the Koralia evolution 750 gph, 14 pounds of live rock, 2 inches of coarse sand, orange scroll coral, zooanthid polyps, tubinaria, and candy cane coral. I have 3 fish (all of which I have owned for over 3 years) True Percula Clown, Fridmani Pseudochromis, and an Engineer/Eel Goby (who is about 7 inches now *maybe more*) 3 death slugs, 5 small hermits, 1 mexican turbo and 2 small orange turbo, I also have a small feather duster (red and white and when opened is about an inch and a half)

Oh and my ph is stable at 8.2/8.3 and my calcium is 500

Archived