inTank Media Baskets

Bubble Coral

Clownfish1030

Clownfish1030

I have heard from some people that bubble coral have long sweeper tentacles that can sting other corals.  I've never seen this before and i was wondering if it were true.  Does anyone have any information on this subject.

I've heard this too, but I've had a bubble coral for over 6 months and never seen sweeper tentacles on it. I occasionally check on the tank in the middle of the night too. All that happens to it at night is the bubbles shrink so the regular tentacles are more visible, maybe they get a little bigger, but I've seen sweeper tentacles on other corals but never on my bubble.

However I've heard several times that bubbles do have them, so it must be possible. I wonder if certain tank conditions contribute. Mine is at the bottom of the tank, mounted vertically on a rock so it doesn't get direct strong light, and gets moderate current. It's healthy & likes to eat when I put food in.

Hope someone else can help further.

Delf is right they do have sweepers I have a very large bubble and htey are easily seen I suppose a smaller one would be a little harder to indentify them.

Yup, I use to see them tenticles all the time on my bubble coral.  They usually surface late in the evening/nite but sometimes you see them during the day as well.

Archived