Here's my 3g picotope:

Been up for almost 3 months now.

Dual Satellite 36w dual actinic and 50/50 light fixture

AC70 filter

3 pounds of live rock

25w stealth heater

new-3.jpg

• Like 1
Yeah, i saw your thread, and thought it was the best picotope/nano reef i have ever seen and had to order one, so the next week i placed an order on dr foster and smiths website lol

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Holy smokes fiction that tank rocks. For three months that thing is filling up nicely. Welcome to Club Pico you are member number 009

Steve

can i be lucky #10 ;)

2g Tom Pico:

- Fully Stock

-chaeto in HOB, also modded stock filter and put filter floss in

-10wtt marineland heater(shatterproof)

- 3lb LS, 4lb LR lots of softies :)

3g JBJ Pico

- AC70 fully modded/ fuge( w/ submersable fuge light)

-Current 36Wtt Dual Satellite

-10wtt marineland heater (shatterproof)

- 3 lb. tahiatan moon sand(black)

- 5lb. Premium LR

- Custom glass lid ( on the way) (thanks Bonsai)

- stick on therm

- ( will inhabit only the rarest of the rare Palys/Zoas ;)

*** i only use Tropic Marine Pro Salt & RO/DI water***

Edited by diggman08
can i be lucky #10 ;)

ill have to get pics of my Picos later tonight

check my Threads in sig for tank journals

at work right now, all my pics are loaded onto my home PC

Yea you can be 10 digg just edit this post you just did with the info to save your spot.

Steve

Here's my 3g picotope:

AC70 filter

3 pounds of live rock

25w stealth heater

As far as corals go - that is by far my favorite Picotope here. Well done!

I have to say ... and keep in mind that I'm a little biased ... but JBJ Picotope + Black Tahitian Moon Sand = Sexytime.

So, in a month when I have to move everything from Virginia to New York when I go back up to school, am I safe to just remove the LS that I have in my tank (which I'm starting to think is just CC) and add in Black tahitian moon sand? Will this cause a cycle?

So, in a month when I have to move everything from Virginia to New York when I go back up to school, am I safe to just remove the LS that I have in my tank (which I'm starting to think is just CC) and add in Black tahitian moon sand? Will this cause a cycle?

I think you might get a small bump in the cycle. I think I'd test every day or two and watch it for sure. Keep your LR submerged and during your trip and run a pump if you can.

Steve

• Like 1

If you remove all the rocks/corals and suction all the water out then add the new clean sand, everything should be fine and no cycle should occur.

You could always do small water changes the next couple days after wards, just in case you're worried about it.

• Like 1

They nice thing about it is that I can dismantle all of it and have it all back up in under 18 hours.

Heres my plan:

Bag any corals that are not attached to anything

LR with not coral will be placed in the bottom of a small bucket that will be filled with the tank water as I slowly take out water to reveal rock. The rock will go in as the tank water lowers to it.

LR with corals will be placed in the same bucket but propped up so that they cannot roll and crush the corals.

And... thats about it...

So when it comes to reassembling, all i would have to do is pour in water, rocks, and sand and im good right?

Yea, I'll probably end up doing in that bucket everything going in.

But will I be ok with the black moon sand to just put it in?

• Like 1
They nice thing about it is that I can dismantle all of it and have it all back up in under 18 hours.

Heres my plan:

Bag any corals that are not attached to anything

LR with not coral will be placed in the bottom of a small bucket that will be filled with the tank water as I slowly take out water to reveal rock. The rock will go in as the tank water lowers to it.

LR with corals will be placed in the same bucket but propped up so that they cannot roll and crush the corals.

And... thats about it...

So when it comes to reassembling, all i would have to do is pour in water, rocks, and sand and im good right?

The biggest issue will be cloudiness created from the new sand I think? Like if you could let the water clear up before you add the corals, that might be the best way?

yea, What I was going to do was add the water and sand in whichever order is best and then once its all cleared, begin putting the LR back in as well as any of the bagged corals I have

Here's my 3g picotope:

AC70 filter

3 pounds of live rock

25w stealth heater

What fish do you have in there at the moment?

What fish do you have in there at the moment?

A tail spot blenny, which is the coolest fish I've ever had! :D

It has really vibrant small orange,yellow and blue lines on its head and wide eyes. It's constantly swimming around picking at the rocks and the snails shells, it will actually swim into your hand. I'm surprised they aren't mentioned more often from people with pico tanks.

Edited by fiction101
lil'wrasse cool

IMG_2271.jpg

3 gallon bow

5 gallon sump

coralife mini fixture

got everything but the baffles for the fuge...

not started yet..by next week for sure.

Edited by lil'wrasse cool
el fabuloso

3 gallon Picotope est. Nov. 2007

CIMG5609.jpg

Lighting: 36W Current Dual Satellite

Filtration: AquaClear 70 fuge with chaeto and Chemi-Pure Elite + Rio 50 powerhead

Heater: 50W Hydor Theo

Corals: green-striped mushrooms, Ricordeas (Florida and yuma), zoanthids (ten varieties), palythoas (three varieties), green star polyps, daisy polyps, pulsing xenia, Blastomussa merleti, orange fungia, galaxy coral, orange Montipora cap.

Invertebrates: sexy shrimps, mithrax crab, blue-legged hermits

Fish: green clown goby

Edited by el fabuloso
IMG_2264.jpg

3 gallon

Lil wrasse that is an interesting tank. We need more info. Look at the 1st thread for required info. Looking forward to it. Just edit your post.

Steve

3 gallon Picotope est. Nov. 2007

CIMG5463.jpg

Lighting: 36W Current Dual Satellite

Filtration: AquaClear 70 fuge with chaeto and Chemi-Pure Elite + Rio 50 powerhead

Heater: 50W Hydor Theo

Corals: mushrooms (purple and green-striped), Ricordeas (Florida and yuma), zoanthids (seven varieties), palythoas (three varieties), green star polyps, daisy polyps, pulsing xenia, Blastomussa merleti, orange fungia, galaxy coral, orange Montipora cap.

Invertebrates: sexy shrimps, mithrax crab, blue-legged hermits

Fish: green clown goby

Your tank is nuts. I don't even have words LOL. :welcome: You are member number 012. This might be my favorite tank now.

Steve

• Like 1