Jump to content
hcsceo

The Official Club Pico Thread

Recommended Posts

Started this tank March 4, 2018. The tank itself is a 5 gallon Fluval Sea Evo 5. 

 

Equipment:

-water pump upgraded to AQ600 (doubled flow to ~160 GPH)

-50W heater

-10W LED with 37 11000k day and actinic lights 

 

Stock:

~3.5 lbs of live rock

-6 line wrasse 

-CUC of 4 hermits 

-GSP 

-supplemental phytoplankton

 

Filter:

-sponge filter

-Phosgaurd

-activated carbon

-ceramic filter rings 

 

Notes:

-Tank cycled, but only a month old so still waiting for some new tank syndrome (bryopsis, hair algae, coraline algae and possible diatoms sighted)

-Most likely adding mushrooms and pulsing Xenia, and possibly a small clown 

~20% changes about twice a week so far to keep water parameters in check

 

F07D4939-449A-453B-BC07-DD2E6E20877A.jpeg

8DB4DDD2-389D-4CF8-8485-DF6182A1E0E7.jpeg

A1939E8E-2A20-4CFF-A0A4-5E82734E3312.jpeg

ED336D39-4E9B-41B8-9F9D-F1C3E439D498.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, Ckane2 said:

Started this tank March 4, 2018. The tank itself is a 5 gallon Fluval Sea Evo 5. 

 

Equipment:

-water pump upgraded to AQ600 (doubled flow to ~160 GPH)

-50W heater

-10W LED with 37 11000k day and actinic lights 

 

Stock:

~3.5 lbs of live rock

-6 line wrasse 

-CUC of 4 hermits 

-GSP 

-supplemental phytoplankton

 

Filter:

-sponge filter

-Phosgaurd

-activated carbon

-ceramic filter rings 

 

Notes:

-Tank cycled, but only a month old so still waiting for some new tank syndrome (bryopsis, hair algae, coraline algae and possible diatoms sighted)

-Most likely adding mushrooms and pulsing Xenia, and possibly a small clown 

~20% changes about twice a week so far to keep water parameters in check

 

F07D4939-449A-453B-BC07-DD2E6E20877A.jpeg

8DB4DDD2-389D-4CF8-8485-DF6182A1E0E7.jpeg

A1939E8E-2A20-4CFF-A0A4-5E82734E3312.jpeg

ED336D39-4E9B-41B8-9F9D-F1C3E439D498.jpeg

Very nice!  Don't add a clown with the sixline in a 5, too small for such big fish.  You may find the sixline to be a bit more aggressive in the small space.  It looks very nice though, off to a great start!

Share this post


Link to post

#picobrasilreef

8Litros

Apenas troquei as mídias originais por Purigen e Matrix.

Softs Corais

 

IMG_20180422_113218732.jpg

IMG_20180422_115004932.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Just started this yesterday! It's on the kitchen counter.

 

- 2 Gallon Jar from Michaels (I believe it was a "Candle Jar")

- Inverted Glass Candle Holder for Lid

- CaribSea Arag-Alive Bahamas Oolite

- Finnex Max-300 Digital Aquarium Heater Controller

- Hydor 7.5w Slim Heater for Bettas, Bowls and Aquariums

- Pawfly 2.5 W Aquarium Air Pump Adjustable 2 LPM Oxygen Pump

-  ABI Tuna Blue LED Bulb Coral Reef Optimized Spectrum PAR38

- Two Little Fishies STAX

 

We're planning on adding a small live rock tomorrow to seed and allow this jar to mature for about 3 weeks... Wish us luck!

 

 

 

 

Jar Start.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Marineland contour 3 with asta 20 led

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, Ckane2 said:

Started this tank March 4, 2018. The tank itself is a 5 gallon Fluval Sea Evo 5. 

 

Equipment:

-water pump upgraded to AQ600 (doubled flow to ~160 GPH)

-50W heater

-10W LED with 37 11000k day and actinic lights 

 

Stock:

~3.5 lbs of live rock

-6 line wrasse 

-CUC of 4 hermits 

-GSP 

-supplemental phytoplankton

 

Filter:

-sponge filter

-Phosgaurd

-activated carbon

-ceramic filter rings 

 

Notes:

-Tank cycled, but only a month old so still waiting for some new tank syndrome (bryopsis, hair algae, coraline algae and possible diatoms sighted)

-Most likely adding mushrooms and pulsing Xenia, and possibly a small clown 

~20% changes about twice a week so far to keep water parameters in check

 

F07D4939-449A-453B-BC07-DD2E6E20877A.jpeg

8DB4DDD2-389D-4CF8-8485-DF6182A1E0E7.jpeg

A1939E8E-2A20-4CFF-A0A4-5E82734E3312.jpeg

ED336D39-4E9B-41B8-9F9D-F1C3E439D498.jpeg

3868FDB7-8465-4F13-BFA6-4C74C3DAF93D.thumb.jpeg.55e4ae1364bf9803d89540a6f79cd86e.jpeg Updated tank picture ~7.5 months old 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/4/2018 at 4:15 AM, Utahpico said:

20181030_175709.thumb.jpg.7de9f3096e44b2be813cfb53648c92a2.jpgA year later 5.5g 

 

 Do you have a thread or more pics of this set up ? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/5/2018 at 2:23 PM, Reefkid88 said:

 

 Do you have a thread or more pics of this set up ? 

Yes its labeled 5.5g ada reef and the other, 3.7g pico reef

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Utahpico said:

Yes its labeled 5.5g ada reef and the other, 3.7g pico reef

I tried finding it,but most likely overlooked it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×