Red/Orange zoas

Green zoas

Yellow zoas

Red Mushies

Green Mushies

gallery_2631686_466_105820.jpg

med_gallery_2631686_466_888058.jpg

Edited by capsfan

My 3 gallon eclipse, set up (again!) a month or two ago.

PC lighting - 13w actinic, 9w 10k

AquaClear 20 hob

Inverts

neon blue leg hermit

money cowrie

astrea snail

nano conch

Corals

fox

bubble

fungia

pagoda cup

blasto wellsis

chalices

favias

acan

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

• Equipment:
  • 2.5 Glass aquarium
  • Oak Stand/Canopy
  • AquaClear 20 Power Filter
  • Mini-Jet 404 (108 gph)
  • 2x18watt retro light kit
  • 3/4W LED moonlight
  • 7 Watt stealth Heater
  • Computer Fan
  • Coral Life thermometer
  • Carbon
  • Filter floss

After a few months of neglect I finally got around to messing with my pico. It has a serious aptasia problem that will have to be dealt with. I took out the larger 4 heads of frogspawn and added a smaller one that had been laying behind a rock in my 14 gallon. It started to bleach so I hope I can bring it back!

IMG_3889.jpg

• Current Livestock:
  • Frogspawn
  • Eagle Eye Zoanthids
  • Radioactive Dragon's Eye Zoanthids
  • Green Lantern Zoanthids
  • blue legged Hermit Crab
  • 12x Ricordea
  • Blastos
  • Superman mushrooms
  • Blue stripped mushrooms
  • Purple and green mushrooms
  • Red Macro algae
  • Green Macro algae

Edited by uwwmatt
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

OK it's time to bring this back from the dead. Fabuloso has linked it and I guess I need to be doing my work to. I'll start adding everyone tomorrow morning. Thanks for the pics and keep them coming.

Steve

here is mine.

DSCF3788.jpg

DSCF3789.jpg

DSCF3791.jpg

Specs:

3 gallon pico reef

1x70 watt halide (unsure of temp color yet as I dont have a bulb)

2x9 watt pc actinics

rio nano skimmer (will be installed as soon as it arrives saturday)

Life:

6 pounds of live rock (fiji tonga and carribean (as soon as i add more currently I have 2 pounds of carribean)

4 turbo snails (after cycle)

4 blue legged hermits (after cycle)

12 sexy shrimp (after cycle)

lots of lps, sps (caps and birdsnests only), and tons of softies

anything else you need to know? It is also 2 days old now all custom built stand and canopy.

I started a 5g AGA this afternoon. My first one, but hubby is helping me. So far, there is nothing in there except whatever is hiding in the rock we put in there. I'll have to keep you posted on what I add when it cycles in a few weeks.

PICT0096.jpg

:welcome: to all the new members. I've been neglicting this thread a bit while my wife was having a new baby but my new years resolution is to keep up with it.

capsfan :welcome: you are member 030 - I love that sand

ksrinlv :welcome: you are member 031 - I love some of those frags. I'm a big ACAN fan

uwwmatt :welcome: you are member 032 - Very nice and clean office. I have to move stuff to see my pico.

Big_fat_mushroom nice tank please give us an update with tank specs and I'll get you joined.

adam.crouch I can't remember if you already joined or not and I'm too lazy to go look if you haven't update your pic with tank specs and I'll get you a member number.

cdelicath nice tank I need more info though

5galnanoreef :welcome: you are member 033. I love that diy hood.

pismo_reefer :welcome: you are member 034 That is a nice tank and it looks so much larger than a 1.86

formatsreef can you give us some tank specs please

reefwidow tanks specs please. BTW talk to my wife and get her interested in this hobby.

Steve

5galnanoreef
5galnanoreef :welcome: you are member 033. I love that diy hood.

Steve

i can give you the drawings if youd like to make one yourself. Its made out of 5/8 inch thick red oak plywood and 1x2 douglass fir. The stand is made out of the same red oak plywood and 2x2 douglass fir. I also have a 1inch thick plywood "seat" in the bottom of the stand that will hold the sexy shrimp grow out tank once I obtain it and the shrimp (gotta get the actual display tank fixed first with the cycle and life in it haha.

Also, if you need some help, I can help ya run this thread (if something comes up and you need some help)

• 2 weeks later...

5.5 gallon AGA been running for 6 months

equipment

aquatek 20 HOB

mini-jet 404

25 watt stealth heater

coralife digital thermometer

mag float

live stock

8 lbs live rock

2 in sandbed

5 hermit crabs

2 snails

1 yellow tailed damsel (going into 55 gall mangrove tank)

4 zoas

1 big chunk of GSP

IMG_0407.jpg

Edited by wannenmacher

My application to Club Pico....

Some lovely tanks in this thread, cant wait to read up on how the others mature.

My little tank has been running just over a year and has given me hours of enjoyment. (apart from the suicidal shrimp). Its only 15 litres in volume, rimless and open topped. It does have a auto top up from a 25 litre reservoir full of RO water and that lasts aaaaaaages so the maintenance is minimal.

Occupants are:

Fijian live rock

1,000,000 baby snails (at the moment, they all hatched about 2 months ago and are now 3-5mm accross, you can see them in the corners of the tank.)

Plating corals

Torch Coral

Green stripped/ red mushrooms

Various polyps

Couple of hermit crabs

There is also a small fat star fish of some sort, about 5mm across. not sure what it is.

1 Blue Damsel

post-32513-1232379672_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm going to try this again with all the information on the tank....let's give it a go, heh?

This is my 5g AGA, there is no sump or refugium, just the aquiarium.

It has a Zoomed powersweep to push the water around.

It is lit with 64W of PC, 32 actinic and 32 50/50 in a homemade hood my hubby built for me. :bowdown:

I would like to add that the stand it is on was my great-grandmother's sewing table. :-) (I love old stuff!) :wub:

As for livestock -- well -- there is one very tiny blue leg hermit and one snail. I do have button polyps and GSP, but they are renting space in hubby's system until mine is ready for them. fingerscrossed

PICT0107.jpg

Hopefully, that fills all the requirements of the Pico Club!

• 2 weeks later...

What heater do you use in the back of your tom aquatics deco 3 pico? I live in Ohio, in an old drafty house and really need a heater. LFS is closed till Wed, and I need a heater now!

2gl Hex Pico:

fts_feb2_09.jpg

2gl "Aquatank 2" Hexagonal tank. HOB Regent filter, filled with rubble. 3-4 pounds of LR, a LOT of LS (bed ranges from 2/3" -3" in back). 1x10w Coralife Daylight, 1x10w 50/50. Only livestock are a margarita snail, a Nass I haven't seen in weeks, and three gorgs (two visible frags, one 1" minifrag) that I'm selling/trading off.

(currently purging aiptasia)

1.5gl Cube Seahorse Pico:

dsh_1.jpg

1.5 Trtra/whisper Cube. REALLY smexy little tank. 2-3lbs LS, 1lb LR rubble. C. Prolifera, Sawtooth Caulerpa, Chaetomorpha. Air-driven "sponge" filter (except that it takes power filter cartrages), LED moonlights, 1x10w Coralife daylight. One abalone (might be a stomatella... looks like a small abalone to me), one mini hermit in exhile for eating gorgonians. Pending seahorses.

(Currently pending seahorses and purging flatworms, AND aiptasia that hitched in on the macro)

.4gl Pico

picoa.jpg

AIO, built-on refugium, holds a small powerhead and filter media (likely gonna be rubble). Pending one exhiled mini hermit, many aiptasia, one miniscule snail.

(the place the large aiptasia are getting purged to)

Not Shown: .3gl FW pico. Driftwood, pebbles, feeder guppies. Pending pond snail, shrimp, less guppies, dwarf hairgrass, java moss, moar zen. No filter.

P.S. Someone needs to pico the **** out of these, like... now.

• 3 weeks later...

My application to the Pico club (Right on the limit at 5G):

5G Pentagon Corner Tank ( two months old)

All top ups are manual with RO, and tank uses natural sea water.

Equipment:

Aquaone 55W heater (hidden in HOB refugium)

Modified Penguin 125 (500 lph) HOB refugium with surface skimming attachment and 1kg of Live Rock.

Hydor Koralia Nano (900 lph)

2x24W 300mm Power Compact Light fitting (no brand anyone would know), 1x 10k and 1x actinic

Fan for temperature regulation during the hot summer

Livestock and Liverock:

Liverock:

4kg atm though this will probably go up in the next day or so when i finish my aquascape.

Corals:

2x Ricordea (Yuma)

2x Acropora Green (The bleached one is sooking from aquakneedit though is recovering, both are still acclimitising hence the position).

1x Green Montipora

1x Blastomussa

1x Favid (not sure on exact species but its green eyes with red rims)

6x Zoathanid/Palyothoa colonies (1 Blue polyp colony, 2 purple and greens, and a couple of pale tricolours)

Inverts:

1x Turbo Snail

1x Trochus

Latest FTS:

1402FTS.jpg

Will update the FTS tommorow together with the stocklist...looking at adding a green coral goby and some corals.

Edited by Xebadir
  • 1 month later...
eddiecorrea

Well I guess I will put mine on here. Might as well.

Here is my 5.5 SAIO born January 1, 2009.

5.5AGA with built in fuge/sump. Display is 4.2 gallons

50watt Visi-Therm Stealth heater

175gallon PH from Walmart

Nimble Nano!

5lbs LR

2lbs LS

Livestock:

Pinkbar Goby

2 Camel Shrimp(in fuge)

1 Cleaner Shrimp

2 Anemone Crabs

Random Snails