Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Official Club Pico Thread

hcsceo

Woohoo, total newbie, just starting a 4 gal Finnex. Mixin' up water tonight for Saturday LR and sand setup. Loved it when the LFS guy laughed in my face :angry: --I'll show him! Small is beautiful... :lol:

• Like 1
Woohoo, total newbie, just starting a 4 gal Finnex. Mixin' up water tonight for Saturday LR and sand setup. Loved it when the LFS guy laughed in my face :angry: --I'll show him! Small is beautiful... :lol:

haha I'd say small is nano. Pico is Beautiful :D

Steve

• Like 1

The Sex Machine

my setup: (pretty much exactly what fab is running)

3 gallon Picotope started April 4, 2008. 36w Coralife Light, Aquaclear 70 HOB filter Fuge mod with chaeto and chemipure elite and stock picotope light on reverse cycle, Hydor 50w heater, ranco single stage temp controller with a $6 target fan (I dont have A/C and now I am topping off three times a day, about a gallon and a half per week!)

Livestock: 5 sexy shrimp, 2 blue leg hermits, 1 ricordea florida, 4 ricordea yumas (i started with one), 1 purple mushroom, 5 green striped mushroom (I started with one of these too), kenya tree coral, green star polyp, several kinds of zoas including some new people eaters.

Here is an older photo, before I upgraded to the AC70. I will try to take some new photos soon.

IMG_2533.jpg

The Sex Machine

my setup: (pretty much exactly what fab is running)

3 gallon Picotope started April 4, 2008. 36w Coralife Light, Aquaclear 70 HOB filter Fuge mod with chaeto and chemipure elite and stock picotope light on reverse cycle, Hydor 50w heater, ranco single stage temp controller with a $6 target fan (I dont have A/C and now I am topping off three times a day, about a gallon and a half per week!)

Livestock: 5 sexy shrimp, 2 blue leg hermits, 1 ricordea florida, 4 ricordea yumas (i started with one), 1 purple mushroom, 5 green striped mushroom (I started with one of these too), kenya tree coral, green star polyp, several kinds of zoas including some new people eaters.

Here is an older photo, before I upgraded to the AC70. I will try to take some new photos soon.

IMG_2533.jpg

That mushroom with the stripes is HUGE!

That's about as big as it inflates. The coolest thing is the four babies that have come off of it already. The ricordea to the right can actually inflate even bigger than the green striped mushroom!

just got mine and started yesterday......

100_0275.jpg

nice tank plainrt please post all the info from thread one to get your official ID number :P

Steve

nice tank plainrt please post all the info from thread one to get your official ID number :P

Steve

100_0275.jpg

lol sorry

its a 2 gallon tom deco

stock light pump and everything for right now

3.5 ish pounds lr and not sure how much sand really...

Started 8-2-08

It is on counter in my kitchen

Edited by plainrt

:welcome: plainrt thanks for posting that info you are member 014 Nice looking tank :)

Steve

shawnken that is a nice tank. really clean and beautiful. :welcome: you are member 015

Steve

:welcome: Cuboy!! You are member 015 please keep us posted on your tank as it progresses :)

Steve

nice I got paired up with shawnken. so do we flip a coin for 015? or paper rock scissors!

lil'wrasse cool

I know I'm already number 006....

but my new pico is running now, now can I get a number???

3gal bow

5gal sump

18w cf fixture

1 chunk of live rock to seed the sand

started TODAY!!!

IMG_2316.jpg

Edited by lil'wrasse cool

my new pico setup.

2.5 gallon AGA

5 pounds of live rck

2 pounds of sand

two hermit crabs

coralife 50 50 lighting

set up at 5 pm on 8/5/08

post-38175-1218046169_thumb.jpg

Edited by picopie

Jigsaw look at the first post for the info we need for your tank. Thanks for the link but it makes it easy for everyone if the specs are here. Nice tank btw :)

Lil'wrasse cool (love that name btw) nice to see two tanks. what the heck lets give you a number for each tank. Your new tank is 017. keep us posted

Picopie :welcome: to Club Pico. You are member number 018. I like your tank. Please keep us posted.

Steve

Aaack...my tank has been up and running in my home office since Sunday. Neither of the two LFS in Santa Barbara have any live sand in stock, soooooooo...I'm still waiting to load and cycle. I'd like to join the OCP even though I only have salt water circulating right now (SG 1.022, yeah). :P

post-32465-1218086982_thumb.jpg

4 gal Finnex, standard equipment (probably will upgrade lighting eventually)

Marineland 50 w Stealth Heater

1w LED moon light

Marineland Mini-Jet 404 adjustable pump for added flow up top

Instant Ocean salt

Planned:

6-7 lbs LR, 4-5 lbs Fiji Pink Aragonite Sand

CUC - 2 Nassarius snails + 1 or 2 other snails & maybe a dwarf Zebra hermit

3 Sexy Shrimp or 2 Fire/Blood Shrimp

Mushrooms (red, purple, green stripe) and a couple of Zoas

You guys have some great little tanks!!! I'm really wanting a "pico", but I'm affraid <5g is to small for me. I'm probably going to end up with a DIY 10g AIO instead. It will house a bunch of shrooms, zoas, and rics. I've got another project I want to tackle first though, so it won't happen for a while.

You guys have some great little tanks!!! I'm really wanting a "pico", but I'm affraid <5g is to small for me. I'm probably going to end up with a DIY 10g AIO instead. It will house a bunch of shrooms, zoas, and rics. I've got another project I want to tackle first though, so it won't happen for a while.

Come on Glenn do IT!!! Put a 3g picotope on your wifes nightstand. She will love it!!

Steve

Nanonater I love it. That coraline algae looks so pretty against that black substrate.

FijiMaxi that looks like a good start keep up us updated. :welcome: to club picotope you are member 019

Come on guys show us your tanks I want to get 1000 posts out of this deal. There should be 500 pico's out there easily :)

Steve