ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Sea Monkeys on Mars Experience

StevieT

I would first like to thank all of those on N-R for getting me this far in the sea monkey hobby. I can't believe how much there is to learn about keeping these wonderful animals. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I wouldn't have gotten this far without each and every one of you.

As a birthday gift I received the Sea Monkeys® on mars 12 oz AIO aquarium from my brother in Hollywood, CA. It came UPS today and I am so excited to set it up. I know patience is so important in this hobby and I hope I can learn some because I would like instant Sea Monkeys!!!!

Step One:

Per the amazing directions that came with this AIO tank, I added water (RO even though they didn't specify such) and the water conditioner. I am not sure what that does but it has to be more than removing chemicals in the water. I was going to skip it since I am using RO water, but I figured why risk this huge investment I have just made.

Step Two: Wait 24 hours to add the eggs...... well that will be tomorrow and I am not in the office then so we can add those Monday or Sunday if I choose to come in here to work on the inTank business.

Pics as of now:

IMG_4802.jpg

As you can see the tank includes a space man floating around, I don't know what he is doing but I am sure it involves super secret sceintific business

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

FTS:

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

• Like 3
snake plissken

dude you are sick in the head...

thats too funny :haha:

that is a sweet AIO setup. are you gonna do any mods? what about a protein skimmer? lighting upgrades?

i think you could build a pretty sweet media rack for that 12oz tank :rolleyes:

After some exploring I have found something sticking out the rear of my spaceman. I hope it doesn't compromise his vacuum lock, I am sure NASA knows what they are doing on Mars. Or maybe it just feels good to him, I don’t know what is going on in his personal lift at this time.

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

dude you are sick in the head...

thats too funny :haha:

that is a sweet AIO setup. are you gonna do any mods? what about a protein skimmer? lighting upgrades?

i think you could build a pretty sweet media rack for that 12oz tank :rolleyes:

well per the amazing directions, it does say that 78* is the ideal temperature for hatching. So I think a small heater should be in order. If you would READ this forum you would know that a skimmer in not needed on such a small tank, jezz get with it :D

There may be a future business with a media rack in the future, or a playground for my monkeys to spend time on as they exercise and grow big.

Because you do know the ultimate fate for them! nom nom nom

Lol Steve is like Cartman waiting to hang out with the sea monkeys.

wow, that is exactly what my brother emailed me today, same page!

I have a similar tank and I was thinking of adding a yellow tang or an octopus (they have small ones with little blue dots at the LFS). Would I have to add a sump?

I have a similar tank and I was thinking of adding a yellow tang or an octopus (they have small ones with little blue dots at the LFS). Would I have to add a sump?

no, but you may want to add a few more spacemen, I hear they do a great job cleaning the water

masterbuilder

I couldnt stand it! I HAVE to have one. So...too not be a total copy cat...I ordered the Robo-Diver. Hopefully the butt thing is not included, I have children. :)

Sea_Monkey.jpg

EDIT: On closer examination...I think I see something back there in the photo. Maybe my diver is the spacemans very good friend?

Edited by masterbuilder

Welcome to the Sea Monkey Club! I see yours includes high quality tweezers, those were not in my box, you must have the deluxe model... i am jealous

I am so glad to see someone supporting tank breeding for these guys, wild capture leaves over 2.4 trillion sea monkey orphans a year. :(

just doing my part to save the planet my friend

VERY cool! My daughter had a couple of the smaller sea monkey tanks and they were her babies.. LOL One came with a little key chain and she would suck them up in the syringe thingy and take them for walks!

What a great idea. If I had that when I was a kid, I would have been SO excited. I remember when I thought sea monkeys were magic.

Lol Steve is like Cartman waiting to hang out with the sea monkeys.

LMAO!!! That's exactly what popped into my head when I saw this thread.

Steve, don't forget to add the sea-men, lol.

haha, maybe thats why he included another gift (magazine :ninja:) with this one.....

More pics to come next week when I add the magical sea people