Innovative Marine Aquariums

Frag Tank FTS Thread

nanoty

Well done, I am thinking about a 75g frag tank and using my 30g as a sump. Did you paint the eggcrate or buy it black?

I think you buy it black. I have only seen white at Lowes, but my magnetic frag racks that I bought don't look like they are painted.

Thanks! That's in our apt. on the side of the house. BTW The link to my thread is in my sig.

Brilliant! What a neat idea. :D

Well done, I am thinking about a 75g frag tank and using my 30g as a sump. Did you paint the eggcrate or buy it black?

Buy it black, in denver, you cant find it at any of the larger hardware stores(HD, lowes, etc), so I had to order through local reef store

• 3 weeks later...

Makai I like the clay pot idea. Good for colonies.

Pook: Nice chalices, I've been trying to get my hands on a few but they're hard to find and expensive. I've got a piece of that orange acan, I picked it up from Mvite a while back, they grow well.

Edited by kgehrke
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to move soon so I can start up my frag tank. My main tank's zoo/paly/shrooms/GSP are taking over everything they are touching!

What's so special about the nuke green pallies? Ive got a nice size bunch of them that my urchin carries around with him all over the tank LOL. I plan to frag the heck out of them once I get the frag tank setup.

These pics are giving me some GREAT ideas!

MORE PICS!

Also, if you all could add what you feed or do to maintain the frag tanks?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
AGA/Aqueon has a 30g breader thats only 12". Most any LFS should be able to order that for you.

Old post I know. I've been looking for a 30br locally and have yet to find anyone that can order it. None of their suppliers carry it... Harder to find that I thought.

• 1 month later...
corallineadam
Makai I like the clay pot idea. Good for colonies.

Pook: Nice chalices, I've been trying to get my hands on a few but they're hard to find and expensive. I've got a piece of that orange acan, I picked it up from Mvite a while back, they grow well.

+1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my 24 gal. Aquapod "fragification station." Chemipure, purigen, and filter floss in a media basket and Chaeto in the back. One Maxijet 1200 pump and one Maxijet 900 providing extra flow through hole in the center of the middle chamber. Lighting is Current Nova Extreme T5. (Also, after placing the tank on the entertainment center, I discovered that I did not have enough clearance to remove the media basket. Used a skillsaw to cut out part of the top panel to provide access.)

• 2 weeks later...

5.5g "Best Use of Space" frag tank......

lighting: 2x24w T5HO

skimmer: none

Top Off: JBJ ATO

5lbs. LR

0lbs. LS

Flow: Rio 90 PH, Azoo (85gph)

Heat: 25w Marineland Stealth.

DSCN4332.jpg

DSCN4337.jpg

DSCN4341.jpg

DSCN4339.jpg

:D