Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anemone help!!

thomas975

My long tentacle anemone got sucked into my powerhead intake. I tried to nudge it out with my fish net now it has the intake cap in its body. Engulfed inside it. What should I do? Please help!

I'm having a hard time picturing what you're describing, but if you can, I'd suggest taking off the intake cap with the anemone on it, and placing it on the live rock.  If the powerhead was on for a significant period of time, the anemone is probably severely injured, though.

well I tried taking the anemone off and now its on the floor of the tank with the intake cap inside it. The cap was disconnected from the powerhead? Should I try to get the cap out of the Anemone? Or just leave it in there?Any help would be appreciated.

I would just leave it for now. An anemone will regurgitate anything it can't eat, and you might injure it further by trying to remove it.

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

WELL it has been 3 weeks, any sucess? I am curious about the results of the Plastic Eating Aenome.. I assume it simply spat it out.. but..... UPDATE PLEEEEEZE !    :throwupen:

He did spit out the plastic intake cap but unfortunately he did not make it. He did take my shrimp with him but luckly everything else survived. Thanks you guys for the help.

Archived