Cultivated Reef

travisurfer's 1.25g Pico

travisurfer

Here's a pic with the frame on. I think I'm going to take it back off at least for now though. I thought I liked it more at first but frameless just looks better. Any thoughts?

2968732260069473040S500x500Q85.jpg

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at first i didn't like the framing but based upon viewing it with the overal wood motif of the desk shelf in the background i think it looks pretty good.

i don't like the base framing though, too wide. if you can trim that back like halfway, i think it would be perfect. top frame looks good!

and stop using the drawers then. :P

at first i didn't like the framing but based upon viewing it with the overal wood motif of the desk shelf in the background i think it looks pretty good.

i don't like the base framing though, too wide. if you can trim that back like halfway, i think it would be perfect. top frame looks good!

and stop using the drawers then. :P

The fact that it was so bulky was why I decided to remove the framing. It looked so nice with the wood but so it goes. I still think it's just undue stress from the tank because the gsp was so happy before but I can't help but think that there may be some other external factors. The hermit got stuck in the filter intake for a few days so maybe the lack of flow caused some mucous to build up. I'm going to work to get some better pics today. It's really tough on my 20H with a little point-and-shoot and the halides...

fish.com has a relatively cheap fan if you dont want to make your own.

http://www.fish.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=701918

That doesn't look bad but I'm really cheap. I'll definitely have to remember the link though. Right now, the tank isn't getting much over 81 with a low of like 78 at night. I actually think that's pretty good for such a tiny tank.

Thanks. I have a Whisper Power Filter 10 on it but there isn't any media currently in it. I should probably get some though. I didn't cut the trim to put the filter on. It just all fit together. Unfortunately, one of the other reasons I removed the trim was to allow for more desk space for homework. Hopefully this darned gsp will open up!

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it. The GSP is still not opening up which is getting kind of frustrating. Either there's not enough flow or it's still ornery from me using the desk drawers. Other than that, the tank is looking good. I'll get some fresh pics up tomorrow if I get a chance.

clownfish1124

PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!

PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!

PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!PIC!!!

rustytrombonist

looks nice, and i think you probably have enough flow...i just setup a 2.5 and got rid of my jar ######, i have an aquaclear 20 on it i like it so far

Thanks everyone. Hopefully, I'll be getting some zoanthids to eventually put in this tank and then I'll let everything grow out a bit.

wow, BK. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess that's what happens when I'm in a rush. ;) Wait, I mean... What are you talking about? :ninja:

Archived