Cultivated Reef

travisurfer's 1.25g Pico

travisurfer

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the addiction of smaller tanks is still running around here :)

cute tank Travis - if I were more inclinded - I'd go grab one as well and set it up

travisurfer

thanks :) the rocks and the lighting really made all the difference. it'll take awhile for them to color up though. i saw a small fan at target today for $6 but it was still a bit big for what i want. anyone have any suggestions?

that fan is a rip off you can make one from radio shack for way cheaper... just look for some DIY plans for it

that tank looks pimp... cant wait to see it with all those GSP open! very nice

travisurfer

Yeah, that thing is way too expensive. I'm just going to loosely browse around until I find a nice setup for under $10.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm really excited to see this tank stocked and having everything come together. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'll post pics today if I get a chance. It's really starting to look nice.

EDIT: the gsp isn't fully opened up today ;)

It was like half-opened. I cleaned out the desk so they were pretty disturbed. At this point, I am also considering using the trim but I'm not sure... The pics of the trim style are in the first post. It'll just be a bit of a pain because I have to take out the top rocks and the powerfilter to see what it looks like. Maybe I can photo shop it to see what it could potentially look like.

I'm seriously not lying. The GSP has been extremely moody. It didn't help that I had to clean the glass the other day either. Right now I'm trying out the tank with the frame on. It looks pretty nice but I can't decide if I like frameless better. I'll let you guys be the judge. I could finally see the green starting to poke back out yesterday so hopefully today will be the day that it opens up. :rolleyes:

I should be gettting some zoas from fewskillz for a light so those will make their way into this tank eventually.

Not a bad idea Rick. The temp really isn't that bad during the day so I may just go without it for now.

Besides the hermit, I think someof it just came from the fact that it is on a desk tank so excessive use of the desk drawers shifts the tank causing the gsp to close and once it closes it doesn't like to open up very readily. ;)

Archived