Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

.5 gallon pico

3wordattribute

The tank looks really good keep up the good work. A few more mushrooms and some zoa frags would look sweet. Have you thought about any ricordea?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3wordattribute

i want to get 2 small ricordea frags in here but i havent found any localy.

further stocking plans for this tank are:

3 sexy shrimp

a ricordea frag or two.

3 more morphs of zoanthids

and im debating weither or not to add a small clown goby.

i think it would be too much.

so its a big maybe.

almost a no.

any comments suggestions welcomed.

joseph

FishFreak77

The tank is really coming along. I think a clown goby would be a little much for a .5 gallon, especially with the sexies also.

3wordattribute

well i thought id update a bit.

ill post some pics up tomorrow. i left my camera at work.

im guessing that i have a very stable pico because my pods are multiplying like crazy,

my hermit crabs seem to have had children, and there are some small critters that look like the tips of featherdusters outside of the tube just floating around. i think theyre hydros.

well.

i guess thats it for now.

thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

looks good! i've always been a fan of picos, but i'm too lazy to keep up with the maintenance. lol have you figured out the top off question yet? sorry i just skipped through the thread and didn't see one in the last pictures...

i just saw your other thread that you're looking for more coral. are you sure you can fit that many more corals in there? don't forget that corals do spread and grow regardless of how you propagate... i had a recordia that was the size of your tank. i also had a colony of green star polyps that would cover your tank 5 times over. they started out as a tiny frag with only a few polyps, but over a couple of years grew to it's size before i sold the rock it was on. same with a mushroom colony.

and you should probably rethink your invert stocking. all shrimp and crabs like to crawl all over and pick at corals. by having such a small aquarium, you're just asking for your corals to always be pissed off and never open. i have 3 sexy shrimp in my 16g and am starting to wish i didn't have them. and a fish isn't a good idea in such a small tank.

what colour are the "hydros"? if they are white, they are just colonial feather dusters. if they are a brownish colour, then they are hydros (which aren't good in such a small aquarium as they spread rapidly and sting other corals).

Tim

3wordattribute

yea i know.

this tank isnt going to be up forever.

its just my mini tank while i set up my other tanks.

i set this one up with stuff i had laying around my room so that id have something to look at while i let my 3 gallon picotope cycle away.

and the patience has helped out alot.

i was planing on stocking my 3 gallon about a month ago.

but got delayed with work so it had a month and a half of just sitting there after the cycle.

so once i get my 3 gallon up and running im going to retire this little tank unless i find something interesting and small that would look good in here for the longrun.

i retired the idea of any inverts.

the tank seems to be doing well keeping itself together.

my hermit crabs had some kids. lol.

and my pod population has exploded.

there are some brownish looking slug things on the front.

they started off at about 2 but now its about 10.

theyre too small to take a pic of but ill try my best once i find my camera.

the hydro things are white.

3wordattribute

hey guys i havent put pics up in almost a month and i thought id show u guys how much its improved.

not much growth but some nonetheless.

i fragged my huge blue mushroom and one of the frags is in here it just hasnt attatched itself yet.

hope you like....

IMG_0885.jpg

baby mushroom

IMG_0886.jpg

huge zoa making more heads at base...

IMG_0888.jpg

mushroom

IMG_0887.jpg

fts

IMG_0891.jpg

angled view

IMG_0892.jpg

bottom angle view (you can see my blue mushroom frag in front of the other shroom)

IMG_0893.jpg

Mynameskenny19

Haha, awesome lil setup you got there man!

I think im going to get some more money and buy 2 more of these little tanks and set them up side by side as FW, BW,SW

3wordattribute

sexies are coming as soon as i get payed in two weeks hopefully, i just started school and in between being an ap senior/junior, a freshman in college and working at a drs. office.

lifes pretty hectic.

but i promise ill keep you guys up to date.

rustytrombonist
sexies are coming as soon as i get payed in two weeks hopefully, i just started school and in between being an ap senior/junior, a freshman in college and working at a drs. office.

lifes pretty hectic.

but i promise ill keep you guys up to date.

im hectic as well with school

• 3 weeks later...

I love it, 1/2 gallon ftw. I just posted pics of my 3gal on a local forum, and people blew up, I should send them a link to this tank. :) You should put a ATO in there though.

3wordattribute

hey NAL i have one going but it overdrips on some days.

trying to fix it up a bit.

dont have a camera right now.

its lost in my mess of a room but as soon as i find it ill post some pics up so u can see how everythings grown out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet tank. :) I got a tank almost exactly like it. I was going to go SW but it has my son's Betta in it, but the flow is too strong for him. I might have to reclaim the tank. ;) Did you get the sexies? Update please

faiery

3wordattribute

the filter i got came with my 3 gallon picotope when i bought it last summer but u can get one the same size at petco.

its called a deco art nano filter.

its aboult 12 bucks.

i havent gotten my sexies yet.

schools been real busy and i havent had time.

i want to get some but i dont want them to be sitting in a box outside my house all day while im at work if i order to come home to dead sexies in a box.

my 9 watt lamp broke on me finally so i have my 36 watt 12" picotope light over it.

the corals are growing like crazy.

ill take some pics as soon as i can get the settings on my camera right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
bent__wookie

I know this is an extremely old thread. But I was wondering what it was that you glued to the lid. Also do you still have this tank?

I know this is an extremely old thread. But I was wondering what it was that you glued to the lid. Also do you still have this tank?

Looks like a piece of acrylic to keep fish from jumping

Archived