Pod Your Reef

BENJI = Deal Gone Bad?

Seanewb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy, you just ignore your conscience enough and it stops being so loud.

Eventually you'll start to believe that the people you scan actually deserve it. Then it is a matter of parting a fool from his money because after all, a sucker is born every minute, right?

That is why positive feed back is important

and negative feed back is equally important ...

Not everyone is a scammer but the few that are make it impossible for those who are honest to sell stuff off .

It went from "it was sent out this morning" to "hey, what's your shipping address?" What a clown. Well you have proof he lied now. Time to drop the hammer if you don't have a tracking number. And for the record, you are not a jerk. Nobody should feel embarrassed or in the wrong to start a thread like this if you feel like you aren't getting what you paid for.

johnmaloney

So if you contacted him already, I won't send him an email to let him know about the thread. Hope everything works out.

Thanks John I have all the paperwork for the postal inspector ready to go. I was just going to send it via email but I want to include all the info I have. It will ship tomorrow unless I have proof he has sent the item. I don't really want to dilly around for a week waiting for something to happen. We'll see. Thanks to all for the kind words it helps to hear them. :)

You aren't being too mean. He said he shipped and than went and asked for your shipping address and said he would ship when he was able. Boldfaced lie. Involve anyone you need to get your money back. Even if he is legit than he's a rude @#%@# who you don't need to be dealing with.

I'm not trying to insult anyone but if the majority of someone's post are in the classified sections I'm usually a little suspicious when selling or buying something

Does that make sense?

Yep sure does and I'm the first to admit that I didn't do my homework. I've bought numerous items from NR and RC and I'm usually careful and do some checking beforehand. Are you on BR's at all Brian I notice your from Mass?

bluebastion

Keep us updated on the investigation... I really can't wait to hear when THE FEDERAL GOVT. (Not the locals) put his ass in prison. When they do, we can LOL all we want on this thread. As a side note, you probably want to prepare some kind of letter, to send to him when he does go to prison.. something like "I still haven't received the goods... you got a tracking #?"

Keep us updated on the investigation... I really can't wait to hear when THE FEDERAL GOVT. (Not the locals) put his ass in prison. When they do, we can LOL all we want on this thread. As a side note, you probably want to prepare some kind of letter, to send to him when he does go to prison.. something like "I still haven't received the goods... you got a tracking #?"

:lol::P:lol:

Are you on BR's at all Brian I notice your from Mass?

Yup I have an account over there not a huge poster down there though.

Its a great place to find local frags and stuff though. I'm in southern mass

Try searching his name on zabasearch.com (select Iowa). Then if you search the page that comes up for Cedar Rapids, you will find a person there that has a birthdate of 1941. I'm thinking this person could be related to him- in a grandparent kind of way (not sure how many Kock families there are in Cedar Rapids, but I guess not many). Their phone number is right next to the name. It might not hurt to call and ask if they know him and if so, explain what he's been up to and that you would like him to honor his obligation before you turn him in. If I were out this money and felt like I wasn't going to get it back I would do it.

Also, you could search the list that comes up for the address that you have for him. You might be able to get his phone number that way. There's some Iowa City listings there (not far from Cedar Rapids) so I'll bet if you go down the list you will find someone who knows him. Scammer Ben is the one putting relatives in this position, so don't feel guilty about putting a little pressure on them to teach his sorry behind a lesson.

AcroporaLokani

The "I was in the flood" This is a scam, People have tried to use that on me for a refrigerator I put up on craigs list. If he was in a flood and lost everything then he would NOT have a computer to mess around on NR or RC with. I would report him to the post office/police, He took your money why on earth would you show him ANY mercy in calling the law on him?

He had time to take your money order didn't he? If he was in the flood waters the post offices are UNDER WATER, So unless this guy has an air tank and can swim in the raging flood zones that are 30+ feet deep he's a liar.

Mail fraud is breaking a federal law. Call some one on him and let him know you are not one to be messed with. Ill tell you what if it was me I would buy a plain ticked down to wherever he lives and go to his street address and ask why he had not shipped my property that I payed for yet. But thats just me Im a hard B@$tard.

The "I was in the flood" This is a scam, People have tried to use that on me for a refrigerator I put up on craigs list. If he was in a flood and lost everything then he would NOT have a computer to mess around on NR or RC with. I would report him to the post office/police, He took your money why on earth would you show him ANY mercy in calling the law on him?

He had time to take your money order didn't he? If he was in the flood waters the post offices are UNDER WATER, So unless this guy has an air tank and can swim in the raging flood zones that are 30+ feet deep he's a liar.

Mail fraud is breaking a federal law. Call some one on him and let him know you are not one to be messed with. Ill tell you what if it was me I would buy a plain ticked down to wherever he lives and go to his street address and ask why he had not shipped my property that I payed for yet. But thats just me Im a hard B@$tard.

+1

The more people get away with stuff like this, the more it will happen. Good luck!!!

bluebastion

Every little bit helps.. just wanted to point out that Benji has his birth date showing in his profile. Might want to record it for future reference...

Birthday 12 Feb 1982

The feds/law enforcement can use it to positively match a suspect to the crime. If Benji used his real b-date when signing up, this will help connect the criminal to the account..

Think of "To Catch A Predator" and the weird requests they would ask the people behind the accounts to bring in at the sting. If they brought in what was requested (drinks, clothing, etc), it matched the person they had to the account online. Just a thought.

WOW

Sorry about the loss man. It doesn't sound good.

I dunno about mail fraud - but I'll remember to only deal with paypay accounts when I purchase from strangers. At least with a Credit Card - you have some recourse to return your funds.

Good luck with the Mail Fraud case. I hope ya nail him.

Man, in the hood... we dont do this BS... if we send out some money and nothing happens, we go to the address the money was sent to 8 deep.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm by no means sticking up for this douche bag who scammed the OP, but prison....for this, really? Maybe a day or two in a holding tank, but I think wanting to send someone to prison for something this petty is retarded.

lakshwadeep
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm by no means sticking up for this douche bag who scammed the OP, but prison....for this, really? Maybe a day or two in a holding tank, but I think wanting to send someone to prison for something this petty is retarded.

It seems like seanewb is the main person trying not to file a report.

Archived