Cultivated Reef

BENJI = Deal Gone Bad?

Seanewb

Bought and paid for THIS item. Paid with a Money Order waited 3 or 4 days and contacted him to see if it arrived. He responded and said he would be shipping out the RO the following day. Waited a couple more days and asked if it was shipped and if I could get the tracking number. He responded a few days later and claimed that he was a flood victim in Cedar Rapids (which is where I sent the MO) and that everything was fine with the RO and it would be shipped the next day and if not the following Monday. (At this point I felt bad for even asking) So I gave it 2 or 3 days after that Monday and checked to see if he was able to ship. He has not responded back since then and has been online here almost everyday checking in. I did some search and found that he had scammed someone over on reefcentral also (I found his real name posted over there Benjamin Kock <----no kidding real name fits well I guess.) He also has that same item posted here at NR so I'd steer clear of that one. I'm now going to contact the Postal Inspectors office and file a report and contact the local PD to see what they can do. So live and learn do your homework or get burned!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you mailed the payment, right? US Mail?

was the money order also US Postal-type?

if so, he's just committed mail fraud and he's in for a world of hurt. report him to the postal inspector as you noted, they kinda take their jobs seriously. reeeeeealllllly seriously. US Attorney-type federal offense seriously.

most people (in these online stuff) should just go with US Postal MO's and US Mail. it's all that's needed to allow the feds access into the case and give them a reason to earn their salaries.

c'mon, local police and such don't really give a crap. (hey, i just tells like it is)

US Post Office? they give a crap. they give a BIG CRAP...right onto the offender/defendant. i've seen them call the dogs over a frickin' magazine subscription. sting operation and full prosecution. they don't joke around.

i think it's because they don't have a sense of humor. :huh:

good luck!

johnmaloney

I think he is a customer of mine if that really is the same guy. Try to give him a few more days to get back to you, he seems like a honest guy in our dealings, if it really is the same person. Wouldn't you know the real name from the postal address, or the money order pay to name? If you been robbed, then that is different, but the guy I am talking about seemed pretty stand up.

That's why I only use US postal money orders. Well I'm giving him until tomorrow to respond and then I'm filling out the claim. Once that's done it can't be undone! Thanks for the support tiny and restes.

Well like I stated above. I've sent pm's to what the problem is and he's not responded. He has however been online everyday that I've sent PM's. That is his real name and he is from Cedar Rapids IA this is where I sent the MO. I you do know him you may want to let him know about this thread. I don't want to file a claim with the Postal Inspector if this is a misunderstanding. Like tiny stated above they don't mess around when it comes to mail fraud.

dude if hes in a flood zone you dont know whats going on with everything... this has been what... a week... is there a link to over at reefcentral? i wouldnt do anything to harsh over a misunderstanding... i would let him know you are going to call authorities and see what he does, give him a chance to respond (not that he hasnt had time to)

dude if hes in a flood zone you dont know whats going on with everything... this has been what... a week... is there a link to over at reefcentral? i wouldnt do anything to harsh over a misunderstanding... i would let him know you are going to call authorities and see what he does, give him a chance to respond (not that he hasnt had time to)

I'm sorry, but I sure don't see it that way. If Benji has been online every day that Seanewb says he has been, then he has had plenty of opportunity to AT LEAST COMMUNICATE WITH THE BUYER - there's just been way too much of this irresponsibility.

If there are indeed flood issues, I'm sure anyone would let the seller take all the time he needs - shipping out someone's reef-nerd junk would be at the bottom of the list. All it would take would be A LITTLE COMMUNICATION.

There's no excuse.

Sounds like another Louie3...yep, since following seanewbs posting I've noticed this almost every day

Last Active Today, 06:51 PM

From under the profile. If can log on daily, for sure can communicate to a buyer. I wouldn't wait....I think seller had ample opportunity to contact buyer, flood zone or not.

el_vulture619

Maybe he is using the RO unit to filter out clean drinking water for all the poor children in the flood!! :D

If he is not....... TAR & FEATHER HIM!! :naughtydance::rant:

I'v just been contacted by Ben. He said the RO unit was shipped out on Sat. He also apologized for the delay. If the unit arrives I will have this thread closed.

In response the Matty post. The first thing I checked when I got the message that he had flooding issues was where the flooding had occured. If he is indeed in Cedar Rapids at the address he provided the he is pretty close to the river as far as I can tell. Once knowing this I sent one response and said that I totally understood the situation. I'm not a heartless person I felt very bad for the situation that he was in. He did state that he was still shipping the item and when I didn't hear from him I sent another message asking if everything was ok. I got no response. I sent other messages and then saw that he had been checking in here at NR but was still not responding to me. That's when I starting looking around and found the thread over on RC. I then grew concerned that this was more than just a flooding issue. I again sent a pm letting him know that I was concerned do to finding that other thread and I still received no response. All I was looking for is a hey everything is ok.

And you deserved that, the ok I mean, you buy an item and seller falls off the planet, no shipping info and no contact but yet he is still going on line. There is no reason for it and seller is still wrong, flood or not.

I love the excuses scammers make for not shipping your stuff out. Family member died, flooding, tornadoes, blah blah blah. Not my problem. Last time someone tried that stuff on me I disputed with paypal immediately after maybe a few days of BS and contacted his local PD and scouted out other forums he was on where he was legit. Made a big stink, got my refund and that was that. I rarely buy anything off the forums anymore because it isn't worth the hassle in dealing with people. Once they get their money they think it's ok for you to wait on them. You get a few days to ship or i'm going for the jugular. Good communication will buy you a few more days... but that's because i'm usually pretty mellow when people act like they should.

Well glad you got it all sorted out :D I always give the benift of the doubt... I guess I'm to nice...

And just cause your on everyday doesn't mean you can check your pm's eveyday... I don't see them for instance when I'm on a blackberry... But that doesn't stop me from checking out the forums... Like right now I'm taking a dump :D

Glad it all got resolved

Never buy from anyone you don't know... I almost got screwed in the Louie fiasco... Lesson learned

I'd think even if he didn't check his PMs, he'd get notified of his own threads (yes I know you can turn that feature off). Can't see how he'd log on and not check his PMs though. I guess once you've been scammed you get really leary.

if he has a conscience, it's on his mind . . . there is no forgetting to check your PM's even though you visit the forum when you have someone's money trust me

I bet when he was trying to sell the product he checked every hour

Update here's what's gone on so far via PM's.

Seanewb: I've started this thread. If this is a misunderstanding please let me know.

Benji: The RO unit was sent out on Sat.

Thanks and I apologize for the delay..

Seanewb: Why have you not responded to my numerous pm's? If I receive the RO I will make good on the posted thread. Thank you for responding.

Benji: Do whatever you need to do.

Ro unit was sent out this morning.

Good luck Jerk.

Benji: It would also help if you could provide a shipping address.

Seanewb: Didn't you already ship it?

Benji: Sure, as soon as I able to.

Seanewb: So it has not been shipped yet? What is the problem explain.

My shipping address is

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

Benji: I am not obligated to explain anything that you don't already know.

I'd file. Enough of that. He said he had shipped it before didn't he? Didn't you give him your address already? Sounds like Louie3 incarnate.

Go try to get the cash back and forget about this guy. Somethings obviously wrong and he has no right to call you a jerk. You paid in full and promptly, he should have gotten in touch with you and the item shipped out as soon as he was able.

OMG are you serouis.. thats Hosre#### i would have already called the feds on his ass...

( nice guys finish last) ;)

Good Grief what is with all these scams as of late . It makes it harder for honest folks to want to part with money and honest sellers to sell stuff .Normally I would not post to something like this but ...

Sure stuff happens but that is life ...

Any order should ship with in 48 to 72 hours once payment clears and shows that it is valid

Unless you get a MO or it is on a holiday /weekend but even then the post office is open on saturdays and I believe so is ups, fedex , sure it may not be on the truck but that is not your responsibilty once you turn it over . Come on Benji the only thing he is asking for is a product and a bit of honesty ... I honestly would not do business with you now since you are proving to be less than worthy .... Karma is a pain it often will bite you in the arse .. So man up and be honest either return the money or send the product which you should do overnight at your cost now since you screwed up !

Archived