Pod Your Reef

Drakkor's 29BC

drakkor

Goniopora is pretty much history, it never really tried to open up after the first day no matter what I tried, that's too bad it was a pretty little frag.

Monti frag still bleached but still has polyps, not sure what's up with him, only time will tell.

I'm also not seeing any polyps on my acropora so it's probably dead.

Everything else is doing fine, but I think my adventures in SPS with this tank are done, LPS and softies all the way :)

[edit] Actually the birds nest is still growning really well, so maybe not all SPS is doomed in this tank [/edit]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a while since I posted so a quick update:

Leptastrea - Dead, as far as I can tell

Montipora - Dead, removed it

Duncans - Now have 5 heads, still going strong

Acropora - Thought it was dead, came back with a vengance, though it seems more encrusting than branching, not sure what that's about.

Birds nest - HUGE

Frogspawn - Growing nicely

Toadstool Leather - Getting too big, it's leaning against the glass now.

Everything else, just hanging out, no fish deaths in over a year!

• 2 months later...

Leptastrea is back and looking strong. I'm quite frankly amazed because it was nothing but a dead skeleton for so long, then I started noticing a little florescent green in the middle and before I knew it they were all back!

Duncans are still w/5 heads, but getting larger. One of my zoa colonies that has been off and on for two years was finally finished off by a starfish. And finally, the Nepthia has spawned 3 little babys already, going to have to start giving those away.

nice lookin' set up !!! Luv the dated growth pics, way cool! ;)

Thanks! Everyone seems to love those pics :) Here are the duncans and birdsnest today, forgive that cyano, that stuff is the bane of my existance so I've just decided to live with it :tears:

duncans.jpg

birdsnest.jpg

Drakkor, awesome tank!

I like the rockscape and the overall progression, as well as the way you've portrayed it in this thread.

Current FTS?

Drakkor, awesome tank!

I like the rockscape and the overall progression, as well as the way you've portrayed it in this thread.

Current FTS?

Thanks as always. Yeah I'll try and get a fts shot up tonight, it's been a while.

• 2 weeks later...
A pic of a blastomusa wellsi that I got a few weeks ago and an acan I added today. My first attempt at using hdr photography also :D

hdr2.jpg

this pic is hdr?

this pic is hdr?

Indeed it is, I couldn't get a good pic of the blasto without either blowing out the exposure on the green or making the red too dark so I did this to get a decent exposure on both :)

Archived