Cultivated Reef

Info Needed

anemone girl 12

anemone girl 12

I need all the info about anemones in nano reefs i can get. im really interested in getting one but i need info first.

ok first do u have a tank if you have a safe 20 gal you should be fine i woudent put one in a ten unless you want to have an anemone and a clown also water conditions need to be pristine if they die the could relise tokins in to the tank that will kill evry thing they need to be fed 1 to 2 times a week i feed mine gost shrimp or little peices of shrimp my clown feeds it too they move also not super fast but they move so if u get one and are planning to set up a reef put it in first so it can get settled in a spot that it likes  some times they move because of lighting ajustments or current ajustments any little thing may disrupt them and make them move also aother thing high lighting is ideal just some things to consider

cam

p.s if u have any more questions just ask !!!!!

cam

reefinready

I agree with cam they do need to be fed once or twice a week i feed mine shrimp from publix and brine shrimp. i find entacmaea quadricolor(bubble tip) to be the easiest anemone to care for and it hosts almost all clowns. And like cam was saying they need a lot of lighting and good circulation and water quality but they are worth the work!

reef hugger

chris just posted an article about keeping anenomes. i think you and anyone else who is thinking about it, should definitly read it. here

Archived