Cultivated Reef

---

McLovin

I just went at it w/ one of those scraper things (sorry... it's a handle with a flat metal piece at the end; comes in different sizes).

You could also use the edge of a scissor blade if you have easy access to the back (ie. not against a wall).

I wouldn't worry too much about scraping the glass, as no one's looking... but exacto knives might not be a good idea, as they may actually weaken the glass.

Also, you probably already know this, but the plastic coating is on the outside, not the inside, of the tank.

I just went at it w/ one of those scraper things (sorry... it's a handle with a flat metal piece at the end; comes in different sizes).

You could also use the edge of a scissor blade if you have easy access to the back (ie. not against a wall).

I wouldn't worry too much about scraping the glass, as no one's looking... but exacto knives might not be a good idea, as they may actually weaken the glass.

Also, you probably already know this, but the plastic coating is on the outside, not the inside, of the tank.

I think the nanocube is vinyl and the biocube is kinda of painted on. After trying razors I found a buter knife worked best... I used a light to check progress, without the light it didn't appear any thing was happening.

I decided to use the 3.1 light from nanocustoms and stuck it on there with velco. I scrapped everything from the top of the false floor to the bottom of the drip tray.

The BioCube's back is painted black. I used a scraper with a single edge razor blade, the kind you scrap paint off a window with. Got it at Home Depot for 2 or 3 dollars.

Unlike many BioCubes I've read about, this one is indeed plexiglass, not glass!

I've never heard of such a thing. :unsure:

Nope, I swear it's not glass. I have several other tanks and a difference by touch and sound when tapping on it...

swear all you want..its glass. Just the fact that you put a razor to it without it scratching should tell ya something.

Did you buy it new?...check your manual

oh wait you said you did the very scientific tap test...tehehehe

swear all you want..its glass. Just the fact that you put a razor to it without it scratching should tell ya something.

Did you buy it new?...check your manual

oh wait you said you did the very scientific tap test...tehehehe

The back "painted" panel that he's trying to scrape may not be glass, the other 3 "clear" sides are glass for sure.

oh gezzzzzzzzzz....what PAINT?

unlike a NanoCube the BioCube is PAINTED on the outside of the back GLASS panel

unlike a NanoCube the BioCube is PAINTED on the outside of the back GLASS panel

I don't know about the GLASS... I mean - the tap test... how can you deny it?

Seriously toss a rock at it, post the pics and settle this debate once and for all.

j/k

the poster of this message does not actually want you to throw rocks at your tank and in no way will be held liable if said rock should penetrate or damage glass / acrylic.

ROTFLMAO

I say do the tap test with a hammer :o

j/k

the poster of this message does not actually want you to do the tap test with a hammer and in no way will be held liable if said hammer should penetrate or damage GLASS

Archived