Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help with green hammer coral, is something wrong?

rza007

I added kalkwasser mix to my tank, shortly after my hammer coral reacted wierdly and now shrunk up.  it seems like a section of it is damaged.

quiksilver5768

did you add too much? If it is used to and has adapted to a much less about of calcium in the water at your LFS then it will just take time to get used to it. What you should have done is slowly dripped it in. Do you does kalkwaser or jiust do it with water changes? If you dont does...i recommed you do so...drip it in a steady rate so your calcium levels dont fluctuate too much.

Kalkwasser has an extremely high pH, so if you added it too fast, you probably caused a pH spike, which hammer corals tend to be sensitive too. This is the main reason i wouldnt use kalkwasser in a nano. There is not enough water volume to cushion the pH swings.

My Alife 7

How difficult is it to keep one of these corals? I've seen them at my LFS but don't know how hard they are to keep.

sprung give all euphyllia corals 6 on hardiness on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being least hardy, 10 being most hardy.

Corals: A Quick Reference Guide,

chapter 1, Pg61

i was thinking of gettin some torch to see if my clown took to it im wondering if it would be ok in my nano

• 3 weeks later...

I had a torch and a clown but every time the clown would try and play in the torch it would shrink up.  The clown was always stressing my torch out.

Archived