SaltCritters.com

Too much light

reefinready

reefinready

I have a ten gallon reef with 2 jbj 18 watt compacts and i have recently placed a mettalic green mushroom in with my other corals it is healthy put it does not expand or spread out that much and stays fairly shrunk. and ideas.

That doesnt sound right.  I have an 18watt JBJ clip-on light on my 3 gallon.  There is a striped green mushroom, along with my blue and red one about 6 inches from the light.  They are all growing and multiplying like crazy.

In my opinion, with 18 watts on a 10 gallon, they might not be getting enough light.  How far are they from the light?  Maybe there is too much water flow over it.

NanoReefer53
Quote: from Korbin on 9:51 am on June 1, 2002[br] In my opinion, with 18 watts on a 10 gallon, they might not be getting enough light.  How far are they from the light?  Maybe there is too much water flow over it.

Quote: from reefinready on 9:52 pm on May 31, 2002[br]I have a ten gallon reef with 2 jbj 18 watt compacts
reefinready

they are on the bottom but not under any live rock. i added some buffer and that helped a little but they still dont look perfect. i have a zoomed powerhead on the other side of the tank.

Archived