ReefCleaners.org

Help Me what is wrong?

C Jerome

What is wrong with my soft coral, i don't know the name but it is a common one, it grows in like a clump stays close to the rock, it does not reach high up.  Any way it i came home today and it looks like it shrunk or deflated or something, will it get better or what, is there ant thing i can do?  I really like it, it is the first of three that i got, so please tell me what i should do.

Thanks

C. Jerome

Need to know what it is first...

But (a shot in the dark) I would check your water parameters, do a small water change to see if it gets better. Maybe like 15% then in 3 days do it again...helped my star polyps....

Here is a not so good picture of it from before when it was well, i have to go out to dinner with my parents so i dont have time to get a better one now, maybe tomm.  Hope this helps you ID it and tell me what is wrong with it

Thanks

C. Jerome

Please tell me what i can do, is this normal for it to go through a phase like this?

Thanks

C. Jerome

My Alife 7

I can't tell from the pic what type of coral that is... The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's not getting enough light...

• 2 weeks later...
quiksilver5768

It doesnt really look like a colt to me. Colts shrivel up differently (they keep they're stalks and just get small) but it is hard to tell from the pic. You dont know the name of it? You should alwyas atleast know the name of coral before you buy it....

i knew the name when i bought it but dont know it now, i do know that it is not a colt.  The big peice that i had is almost gone and now another small peice across that tank looks like it is going, what could this be?

Thanks

C. Jerome

quiksilver5768

You forgot the name of the coral? How random....well I dont know how to help you without the name. Or try to get a closer and cleaer pic so I can try to ID it. From that pic, it is kind of hard to tell. From there it just lookslike a sponge...so...yea

I just thought that maybe my crown leather poisoned it, could this be true?

Thanks

C. Jerome

theres many of many species of soft coral it can be, and hundreds of posabilities of why its closed. the only way we can help is if we know what it is, differnt coral respond to difernt stimuli differently.

Well there is nothing to do now, the whole thing has disintegrated into what seems like dust.  Sorry I did not know more.

Thanks

C. Jerome

Archived